Austin LP Supply?

Author
TheCode
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/09/26 02:30:31 (permalink)

Austin LP Supply?

Question for anyone in the Austin, TX area... I have been searching high and low for the past few days as to where I can find a shop in town to supply propane fittings and hose for a food trailer, to no avail.

Here is what I have, and what I need:
Have: 2 40lb Propane Bottles with OPD valves and a Fisher RS232-BBF 2 Stage regulator
Need:  The cylinder fitting (quick connect preferably?) to go from the bottles to the shutoff valve then to the regulator (1/4 FNPT inlet 1/2 FNPT outlet).  

Trouble is no where in town seems to have this stuff... Anyone have advice? Also, can someone tell me definitively if the rubber hose as pictured in the link above is what I should be using.

Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3716
    Re:Austin LP Supply? 2011/09/26 19:41:36 (permalink)
    Try your local tractor supply store, or any major farm supply store. They should sell Big Buddy Portable heaters and they should also handle quick disconnect fittings.

Laws very on propane gas lines from state to state. In Illinois you have to use gas pipe inside but may use hose outside. The use of pipe inside is supposed to prevent breakage or leaks but the funny thing is if you cut a propane tank line the inner valve on the tank will shut it off automatically. So even if you just pulled the fitting off and didn't close the valve all that would come out would be what ever propane was in the line. Go figure.
    lornaschinske
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1610
    Re:Austin LP Supply? 2011/09/26 20:18:43 (permalink)
    Look at ACE Hardware. That is where we got our last LP quick connect setup.  What you are looking for is what we have put on almost every LP gas "extend-a-stay" we have built.

We use one of these on our 20# tank

We buy the  black hand wheels from ACE, Home Depot and Lowes in the grill fittings and the gas fittings area.  I think what you really want is the hand wheel.It allows you to hook up /disconnect the tanks without any tools.

This is our "extend-a-stay" that we built for the RV. The brass part on the front side of the red shut off valve is an LP quick connect.  I do not think this is what you want. I think the black one is what you want.

Propane Acme Nut will run you under $10 each and you should be able to buy it anywhere that has gas grills including WalMart (seasonally).

post edited by lornaschinske - 2011/09/26 20:39:25
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1