Austin's Steakhouse

Author
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2414
2004/07/26 12:23:37 (permalink)

Austin's Steakhouse

Hey all! Just got back from Valdosta, GA and had to tell you about this excellent steakhouse. After taking 3 kids around a hot as hades Wild Adventures we decided to leave early and try this place out. After paying $51.00 for 5 cheeseburger baskets at the park we were in the need for REAL food and thought this place might do the trick A bonus was it was walking distance from where we were staying. I first looked the restaurant up in the yellow pages and it boasts, "where the locals eat". I thought that was a good sign. Secondly, I phoned to see if they had a kid's menu. A very polite young lady said they did. Another bonus! So off we go. Folks, this place is huge! 2 entrances, 3 seperate dining rooms, banquet facilities, 2 private dining rooms and a lounge.
Our waitier Douglas was top notch. The kid's thought he was the best and, well we did too! I don't recall a more attentive and friendly waiter. The full title of the place is "Austin's Cattle Company Steakhouse since 1896". Douglas assured me that this was a local, family owned establishment which has been in operation for about 7 years. The "1896" comes from the Austin Family's Cattle business. What we ate: we immediately had our beverage orders taken, no sooner than those were delivered we had a basket of fresh warm bread with butter. Both boys of 8 years had a quarterpound cheeseburger which came with fries, a drink and a scoop of ice cream! What a hit this was. Our 10 year old had half a rack of babybacks which we were fall off the bone and served with baked beans and sweet potato fries. My husband had the "Austin's Famous Prime Rib" the 16oz, cooked medium, comes with the usual baked potato, salad, etc. It was melt in your mouth delicious. I had the 16oz T-bone and I left nothing! I even chewed the bone til it was bare! Our baked potatoes were fluffy and fresh, the meat was really just superb, in flavor, texture, I can't think of anything that could improve this food. I would like to thank our head chef "Frog Jones"(now you know it was good!)and our waiter Douglas, for a great meal and a great experience. If your every in the Valdosta area(exit 16 and I-75), I would really recommend this steakhouse. BTW, our bill was $81 and some change and that INCLUDED 3 beers each for myself and hubby!

3 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15305
    RE: Austin's Steakhouse 2004/07/26 13:15:20 (permalink)
    Thanks Rusty ! That's the kind of review we like to see here. I've added it to my notes on I-75. We pass that way at least once a year...now we have a meal stop to think about !.
    Rusty246
    • Total Posts : 2414
    RE: Austin's Steakhouse 2004/07/26 14:45:26 (permalink)
    Thanks, I finally feel like I contributed something legitimate! Two last things, their steaks are "hand cut" daily by their in-house butcher, never frozen. And, my son blurted out that we were there for his birthday and even knowing that it was last Thursday our waiter arranged the whole cake, singing thing just for him. That was really speical.
    chezkatie
    • Total Posts : 1329
    RE: Austin's Steakhouse 2004/07/26 16:21:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rusty246

Thanks, I finally feel like I contributed something legitimate! Two last things, their steaks are "hand cut" daily by their in-house butcher, never frozen. And, my son blurted out that we were there for his birthday and even knowing that it was last Thursday our waiter arranged the whole cake, singing thing just for him. That was really speical.

Loved reading about your find! Isn't it great to find a wonderful non-chain restaurant and have a terrific meal and lots of fun?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1