Awesome Mex restaurant near Denver Airport

Author
DenverFoodie
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Flagged as Spam (1)
2011/07/20 16:48:24 (permalink)

Awesome Mex restaurant near Denver Airport

I recently had an out of town friend stay with me in Denver and I drove her to the airport, but we got there way early. To kill time, we stopped at a Mexican restaurant near the airport (walking distance from the cluster of hotels by the airport). It was called Urban Sombrero (a throwback to an episode of Seinfeld, my waitress told me "the spirit of old Mexico with a little big city panache!"). The atmosphere was welcoming - friendly staff, standard Mexican decorations, great bar area, and flat screens with sports on. We happened to get there during happy hour and the deals were fantastic! I had a Habanero Margarita, which had just enough kick. The margs there are made with fresh juice, not mix, and you can really taste the difference. The food was pretty good. My friend said the enchiladas were flavorful. I ordered a burger, and to my surprise, it was better than any burger I have gotten at traditional burger joints. 

This was definitely a hidden gem and I'll probably be back even when I'm not dropping someone off at the airport. For anyone in the area or staying at a hotel near DIA, check them out at www.UrbanSombreroDenver.com. Enjoy!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1