Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga

Change Page: < 12345678 | Showing page 8 of 8, messages 211 to 219 of 219
Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
RE: BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga Mon, 07/28/08 4:06 PM (permalink)
Nice bat, but that's the first time I EVER heard about hills in Indiana!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15058
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga Mon, 07/28/08 4:18 PM (permalink)
    Southern Indiana is not like the flatlands of the rest of the state. The rolling hills occupy the last 40 miles or so as you get near the Ohio River! Our home is in the hills just a couple of miles from the River. Check out the hills in this photo from our deck taken last winter.

Hills overlooking the Ohio River at Leavenworth Indiana. Kentucky across the river. Not real flat in this area !!

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
      RE: BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga Mon, 07/22/13 10:24 AM (permalink)
      I'd forgotten about this truly epic trip report. Thanks for bringing it up. it is truly one of road food's  epics from 3 of our most interesting reporters.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15058
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga Mon, 07/22/13 1:21 PM (permalink)
        Jim,  You're right about that.  We still have great reports posted today, but this one is one of those that stands out like a "James Michener Novel" (sp?). Considering the territory included, I would probably title it, "CENTENNIAL II"

(P S - If you know the storyline, Cast  WJ as Levi Zendt  and  BB and TTM  as the Pasquinel Brothers ) 

<message edited by mayor al on Mon, 07/22/13 1:22 PM>

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
          RE: BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga Tue, 07/23/13 7:35 PM (permalink)
          Wow. Who is that ugly, clean-shaven $%^$?

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7379
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga Tue, 07/23/13 8:11 PM (permalink)
            Wow back in the day when I was a little leaner and had  a little more time on my hands... (I'll take both please!)

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
              RE: BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga Tue, 07/23/13 8:13 PM (permalink)
              I just re-read this thread in its entirety, which caused me to re-live this trip in my head.

Oh, the memories....the foul meals at Arthur Bryant's, Homemade Heaven, and Petrow's...my first time seeing UNC at the College World Series....the cute girl at Huber's...the overriding sense that I should have pushed WJ out of a moving car as we drove across Nebraska... 

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7379
                • Roadfood Insider
                RE: BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga Tue, 07/23/13 8:45 PM (permalink)
                The Travelin Man

I just re-read this thread in its entirety, which caused me to re-live this trip in my head.

Oh, the memories....the foul meals at Arthur Bryant's, Homemade Heaven, and Petrow's...my first time seeing UNC at the College World Series....the cute girl at Huber's...the overriding sense that I should have pushed WJ out of a moving car as we drove across Nebraska... 

Arthur Bryants, Homemade Heaven and Petrow's?  -  Thanks for reminding me-

Ah- yes- and the flight home- what a pleasant experience getting home 4 hours late without my luggage and being forced to take another 1/2 day off at work ...

You may have had a tough time pushing me out of the car- I was driving at the time....

<message edited by wanderingjew on Tue, 07/23/13 9:00 PM>

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                  RE: BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga Thu, 07/25/13 7:28 AM (permalink)
                  I wish I had remembered this report before going to New Mexico.  I probably would have made a more concerted effort to pack in more RF stops and sightseeing while we were out there!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                    Change Page: < 12345678 | Showing page 8 of 8, messages 211 to 219 of 219

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com