Hot!BBQ Auto Pump Injector System.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3945
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/06/02 23:50:11 (permalink)
I was really hoping to see one of your injectors on BBQ Pitmasters. It sounds like a great way to do injecting.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10199
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/06/03 02:06:21 (permalink)
Dr of BBQ
Here is a silent video of my injector as we inject over 14 ounces of liquid and spice into a pork shoulder in under 60 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKAawuEm0c

I watched the video but I'd suggest doing one with a shot of the actual machine. A little wider picture so people can see the whole thing.
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3716
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/27 12:37:51 (permalink)
A little recognition for the Doctor of BBQ's Pork injector.

First let me say that, in my mind, 'Meathead' , is THE premier reviewer in the BBQ industry. He is a successful author of numerous books on BBQ and runs the web site http://www.amazingribs.com.

As Meathead  is quick to point out, Amazing Ribs Is All About The Zen Of Barbecue, Grilling, And Outdoor Cooking. However. in that description, Meathead fails to acknowledge all of the thoughtful reviews of equipment related to BBQ, Grilling, Smoking, and Outdoor Cooking. I have purchased several of the items he endorses, and will not buy anything BBQ- related without first checking to see what he has had to say.

One more thought: Scottie Johnson is very well known among the BBQ competitors, and has become one of the names whispered from one team to another when he shows up at a contest anywhere in the country. It's not uncommon to hear, “Did you know Scottie Johnson is here” or “Hey, the Cancer Sucks Team just pulled in". Scottie has raised a lot of money to fight cancer, and he is certainly someone I respect greatly.

Obviously, I was delighted to learn that Meathead and Scottie Johnson liked my Pork Injector. Unfortunately, they (both) missed one important aspect: the Pork Injector is an excellent piece of equipment for anyone that loves to cook outdoors; it’s not limited to contests, catering, or injecting large amounts of pork and brisket. The cleanup is so fast and easy (2 minutes) that it’s great for a couple of thick-cut rib eyes, pork chops or many other dishes you may prepare for the family. In fact, the cleanup is so easy you may find other family members using it to improve the taste of most anything they cook in, or outdoors.
Don’t miss this opportunity to 'jump start' your next cookout. Big or small, you and your family deserve it.

Now the Reviews:

The Pork Injector
This motorized "Auto Pump Injector System" is the state of the art and can really save you time and hand cramps if you have a lot of meat to inject. You make up your injection, pit it in a bucket or bottle, and lower the intake tube into the liquid. Then just insert the needle, squeeze the trigger gently, and slowly withdraw the needle to disperse the fluid. In minutes the whole job is done.

They sent me one to test, and it worked great, but I don't cook as many pork butts and briskets as competition cooks do, so I promptly passed it along to Scottie Johnson of CancerSucksChicago.com, a team AmazingRibs.com co-sponsors.

He has won the Jack Daniels World Championship Barbecue, no small accomplishment. He said:

"It's awesome. I fumbled around a bit at first, just because it was such a new procedure for me. Once I had it going, the ease of the flow and not having to refill a major plus. Normally your hands get wet and slippery during the process but this device eliminated all of that. No grabbing paper towels to dry my hands during the injection process. And I can see where it would be really super for doing a whole hog or in a restaurant or catering situation."

The Dr of BBQ
2709 S 6th Street
Springfield Illinois 62703

217-744-9999 BBQ Stand  Tues thru Sat 10:00 am until 6:00 pm
217-529-9000 Cell but I seldom use it.

http://www.amazingribs.co...d_meat_injections.html

post edited by Dr of BBQ - 2013/08/28 09:28:55
daddywoofdawg
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 299
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/29 11:35:57 (permalink)
 in a restaurant or catering situation I wonder what the HD would say? I'm not being a hater,just wonder if the HD would allow it as I think most other owners are wondering.
chefbuba
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1986
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/29 11:45:24 (permalink)
It's all NSF
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/29 11:54:32 (permalink)
Good question. Our local and state health department love it. There are currently 16 BBQ restaurants in 8 states that use it, and a 5 store grocery chain using them. It's all NSF approved parts so I don't see why anyone would have a problem. Oh there is also a 3 unit chain in South America using them and two restaurants in Ireland. But I know nothing about their rules. And of course lots and lots of competition BBQ teams using the system.
daddywoofdawg
Cheeseburger
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/29 12:02:49 (permalink)
I would in bold print say it's NSF,it may keep many buyers away,thinking what I did. How about a spray nozzel so you can spray your mop sauce or juice on as it cooks!why not have a tool you can use thru the whole cook process.
post edited by daddywoofdawg - 2013/08/29 12:07:24
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/29 12:06:29 (permalink)
It's right on the web page in the FAQ.
Are the pump parts NSF approved?
A: Yes all parts are NFS 51 and NFS 61 approved.

daddywoofdawg
Cheeseburger
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/29 12:09:44 (permalink)
Ok haven't been to your site in awhile.just thinking out loud. free feedback.

CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6382
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/29 17:10:54 (permalink)
Jack - I will once again say that your injector is a thing of beauty!  You have a right to be proud of your invention, it does make injections a LOT easier.  The PRO teams are quickly catching on and soon I predict you will be swamped with orders.

Have a great holiday weekend!
RodBangkok
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 396
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/29 20:14:19 (permalink)
Dr of BBQ

It's right on the web page in the FAQ.
Are the pump parts NSF approved?
A: Yes all parts are NFS 51 and NFS 61 approved.

There is a big difference when it comes to using NSF approved materials, and having the unit itself NSF approved.  
How the unit is designed, how easy it is to clean, the way the parts interact and fit are all factors, among many other things that are related to the product design.  The first step is to use NSF approved materials, there are many steps in the design that must be considered to make the unit itself NSF approved.
A potable water pump may be NSF approved for water, but if that pump is used with other substances that may contain solids or other materials that are susceptible spoilage, then it may fall under a different classification.  Pumps used for food related products must be specially made to allow for easy cleaning and eliminate the nooks and crannies that can harbor potentially hazardous materials.  
Commercial meat pumping units are normally used for cured meats such as hams or bacon to insure the inner portions have curing agent.  These units use NSF approved pumps, not just approved parts.  
Saying a product contains NSF materials is not the same as the unit itself having NSF approval, there are many other factors.  Buyer be ware, and I would not recommend this unit for commercial use, and would never recycle any liquids that have already been exposed to the raw food being pumped.  This is a normal practice when pumping meats, as the excess brine runs into a holding tank and can then be recycled thru the pump, and thus contains raw meat contaminates.

To check for NSF approved products go here:
http://info.nsf.org/Certified/Food/
If the product is not listed here, it is not approved.  There are no exceptions.
post edited by RodBangkok - 2013/08/29 20:26:16
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. 2013/08/29 23:59:11 (permalink)
CajunKing

Jack - I will once again say that your injector is a thing of beauty!  You have a right to be proud of your invention, it does make injections a LOT easier.  The PRO teams are quickly catching on and soon I predict you will be swamped with orders.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Thank you my friend and I hope your labor day weekend is great also. I think I'm going to Chicago tomorrow to buy some equipment for my step van.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1