BBQ Pizza

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
plb
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: BBQ Pizza 2005/12/27 23:50:48 (permalink)
Why is it that when the discussion turns to regional variations of any sort, someone from the northeast always pipes up with the view that whatever he grew up with is correct and everyone else is wrong?
Pigiron
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1384
RE: BBQ Pizza 2005/12/28 00:13:54 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by plb

Why is it that when the discussion turns to regional variations of any sort, someone from the northeast always pipes up with the view that whatever he grew up with is correct and everyone else is wrong?

Don't lump all us Northeasterners in together! I can count the number of folks around here that act that way on one hand (maybe even on one finger).

I, like most reasonable folk, embrace regional variety in cuisine. If someone told me that some restaurant in Tulsa was doing a great twist on matzo brei involving beef jerkey, I would by dying to try it! To say that one way is inherently better because it's more "traditional" is just plain ignorant.
bluetick
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 39
RE: BBQ Pizza 2005/12/28 00:14:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by plb

Because they're yankees? javascript:insertsmilie('')
Tongue [:P]

As a Memphian, I generally agree with Bobs's observations regarding Colleta's. I'll add that I work near their location in the 'burbs, and eat there occasionally for lunch. There is a lunch-sized two-topping pizza on the lunch menu. My preferred two toppings are bbq and anchovies. Good stuff!

Some people just don't know what they're missing. Mr. Hoffman, if you ever get a chance to enjoy a bbq pizza from a reputable vendor of same, I kindly suggest you live a little and give it a try. You just might like it, and what would you really stand to lose?
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1