BBQ and Southern in Northern VA?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mmoyni
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:BBQ and Southern in Northern VA? 2011/08/28 20:34:45 (permalink)
Ben's is reopening (with Ben) in the same spot with new name "absolute barbeque"
Glenn1234
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 578
Re:BBQ and Southern in Northern VA? 2011/08/28 21:01:27 (permalink)

I have to agree with the negative reviews of Jammin' Joe's.  We expected it to be good.  Great location.   Catchy roadside smoker.    But, big disappointment.

Best BBQ in the area is Dixie Bones in Woodbridge, VA.  Though I typically go for pork at most  BBQ places, the best item in my opinion at Dixie Bones is their beef brisket.   Delicious!

Allman's in Fredericksburg is also very good.  Willard's in Chantilly/Centreville area is okay/passable, but not worth any special detour. 

Glenn 

Littleman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 590
Re:BBQ and Southern in Northern VA? 2011/08/29 10:53:40 (permalink)
Try the buffet at Butcher Block BBQ @ Exit 307 in Stephens City. Just down I 81 a few miles at New Market is Southern Kitchen serving outstanding country food for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Exit 264. Harrisonburg has quite a few fine road food places convenient to I 81. I suggest you consider Jess' Quick Lunch or Little Grill at Exit 247. The Village Inn is very nice also at Exit 240. Staunton is just W of I 81 and a very nice town also. It's home to Mrs. Rowe's country food breakfast, lunch and dinner and Wright's Dairy Rite. Lexington, VA has a number of good restaurants like Bistro on Main for lunch/dinner, Macado's for sandwiches and Sheridan Livery Inn and Restaurant for lunch/dinner. Lexington is the home of VMI and W&L U. It's a beautiful town a few minutes W of I 81 and worth a visit. Home Place is a great restaurant several miles W of I 81 W of Roanoke at Exit 141 serving outstanding country food, good fried chicken and deserts in an old home. Just E of Lexington at Exit 188AB Frank's for the Memorie's  is a great place for good road food with great outdoor dining.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1