Babe's Chicken Dinner House

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 72
TXFoodie
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 06/23/07 11:34 PM
For anyone living in or visiting the Dallas-Fort Worth area...have you ever eaten at Babe's Chicken Dinner House?

dutchgirl
  • Total Posts : 29
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 12:38 AM
Hi,
We eat at the Babe's Chicken Dinner House in Burleson on a regular basis. It is wonderful. It is a family style restaurant in that you choose an entree and then the salad, biscuits and vegetables are served family style,and are all you can eat. The entrees include 1/2 fried chicken, a VERY large chicken fried steak with cream gravy, fork tender pot roast with brown gravy, 1/2 roasted chicken, 1/2 smoked chicken, or a platter full of fried catfish fillets. Each entree is about $10.00 a plate but two or three people could share an entree, and then you still have all the veggies, etc. The vegetables are fresh, homemade cream corn, green beans, and homemade mashed potatoes and gravy. You can eat their light and fluffy biscuits with butter, honey, molasses, or gravy. The salad is simple, just iceberg lettuce but it is so fresh, served ice cold with a delisious sweet/sour dressing.
As you can tell, I love the place. The waitresses are friendly and when the hokey pokey comes on, they line up in the middle of the room and dance, along with any customers who want to.
You will probably have to wait unless you go early on a weeknight. I highly recommend going, you won't regret it and you will be very full when you leave!

Jimeats
  • Total Posts : 3175
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 7:43 AM
Wow Thanks! And this ad is brought to you by?

pigface
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 10:42 AM
http://babeschicken.com/
No Spurs in the Hot Tub ???

enginecapt
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 2:49 PM
Ohhhh, wait staff and customers dancing the hokey-pokey. How nauseating. One rendition of that would guarantee I'd never return.

mland520
  • Total Posts : 485
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 3:22 PM
We freqent the Babe's located in Garland, but we have also been to the one in Roanoak.
The Garland location is "full service", but the one in Roanoak only serves fried chicken or chicken fried steak. We were very disappointed that they didn't offer the chicken tenders- but the rest of the meal was identical to the family style service in Garland.
"Enginecapt"- please, get over yourself- the wait staff sometimes also does vocals to the music machine that plays C&W in the background during open business hours with a disco ball going full speed- the younger kids happen to love this part of the meal- in fact, the adults do too! The desserts are awesome too- banana pudding, chocolate meringue pie, coconut cream pie and occassionally pecan pie ( my personal favorite, but only available in season) plus a variety of others. So, yes, Babe's may be hokie but the food is worth it.

Twinwillow
  • Total Posts : 4895
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 3:34 PM
I live in Dallas. And, although I have never been to a "Babes", I have heard that the fried chicken is
fantastic. A friend who ate there said, it was the best fried chicken he ever ate. He also said, "make sure you have your cardiologist's phone number on speed dial".

blee7300
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 3:40 PM
WHERE IS THE CATFISH / GREEN TOMATO RELISH RESTAURANT...CITY? NAME? THANK YOU

Greymo
  • Total Posts : 3661
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 3:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enginecapt

Ohhhh, wait staff and customers dancing the hokey-pokey. How nauseating. One rendition of that would guarantee I'd never return.

I am with you on this one.....................sounds terrible! Give me a break. Sounds plain disruptive to me.

enginecapt
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 4:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mland520

the wait staff sometimes also does vocals to the music machine that plays C&W in the background during open business hours with a disco ball going full speed- the younger kids happen to love this part of the meal- in fact, the adults do too!
That part sounds idiotic too, just not as idiotic as dancing the hokey-pokey. I certainly hope this isn't a Texas thing, lest I be forced to change my opinion of Texans.

I'm not surprised to learn they do all that corny, annoying stuff "during open business hours". I'll bet the place is pretty dead during closed business hours.

ynotryme
  • Total Posts : 562
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 5:54 PM
My wife and I love Babe's. We go to the one in Burleson. Southern living magazine says it's the best in the south. It's all you can eat served on platters. I especially love it during the holidays as the decor is fabulous. for those of you that question the hokiness of the hokey pokey the kids love it and really it's no worse than the places that sing Happy Birthday.

MetroplexJim
  • Total Posts : 3704
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 5:56 PM
My goodness, people - focus on the food!

It's real, down home good and quite the bargain considering especially the really tasty all-you-can-eat sides. They use "full-size" chickens and they come out pan-fried style with a bare minimum of coating. I really appreciate the syrup jars of both honey and sourghrum molasses on each table.

Yes, I could do without the "Hokey-Pokey". And yes, that one review probably reads like an ad to anyone who hasn't been to Babe's. But every word in it has been our experience, too.

My wife and I have only been to their Carrollton place and then only three times in 2 years. But, whenever I'm hungry and within a few miles of it, a "chiggin dinnah" always comes to mind.

enginecapt
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 6:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by MetroplexJim

We like to focus on the entire dining experience here at Roadfood, including, but not limited to, waitresses and customers dancing the hokey-pokey and full speed disco balls during open business hours.

enginecapt
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 6:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ynotryme
and really it's no worse than the places that sing Happy Birthday.
Another practice I despise with every fiber of my being.

ynotryme
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 6:30 PM
boy you sure sound like a fun person. like the people from long island that took their neighbors to court(which the judge dismissed) cuz their kids made to much noise in their backyard swimming pool my suggestion is stick to formal dining instead of family restaurants.

hep2thejive
  • Total Posts : 86
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 6:41 PM
quote:
my suggestion is stick to formal dining instead of family restaurants.

In other words, don't do the hokey pokey, just turn yourself around, and walk right out the door...

enginecapt
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 7:18 PM
quote:
boy you sure sound like a fun person
If the definition of "fun" is hokey-pokey dancing and country/western singing waitresses and forced performances of the happy birthday song or that inane clapping seal routine practiced by certain establishments, then no, I'm not a fun person. My idea of dining fun is to enjoy a good meal with family and friends with minimal intrusion and interface by restaurant staff.

quote:
How about I stick to family restaurants that don't include a hokey-pokey floor show? The happy birthday singing I can ignore, as long as nobody makes the mistake of singing it on my behalf. That's when I get up and leave.

Damn, I hit a few nerves today here at Roadfood. It's turning out to be a perfect Sunday.

pigface
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 7:24 PM
It's turning out to be a perfect Sunday.
That's what it's all about ...

MetroplexJim
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 7:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enginecapt

quote:
Originally posted by MetroplexJim

We like to focus on the entire dining experience here at Roadfood, including, but not limited to, waitresses and customers dancing the hokey-pokey and full speed disco balls during open business hours.

My wife and I moved from McLean, VA to Dallas two years ago. The general racket and "cutsiness" in Texas casual eateries still disturbs us. Texans are honest, hard-working folk who are charmingly bereft of nuance. And they are loud-talkers. And their women feel compelled to cackle loudly at every "bon mot" that drops from the lips of her man.

That said, we tolerate that which is no more than typical in Texas, and enjoy our "chiggin dinnahs" at Babe's.

Incidently, we find Texans far more tolerable than the self-important D.C. cell phone talkers and the incredibly self-absorbed "Washingtonians" who feel compelled to "share" incessantly their petty successes and vile schadenfruede with their fellow diners.

signman
  • Total Posts : 1743
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 7:38 PM
I've been to the one in Garland. I don't remember the Hokey Pokey, but I do remember an old fire engine out front.

enginecapt
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 7:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by signman

Ibut I do remember an old fire engine out front.
Capt perks his virtual ears up.

Greymo
  • Total Posts : 3661
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 06/24/07 7:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by hep2thejive

quote:

In other words, don't do the hokey pokey, just turn yourself around, and walk right out the door...

Well, I am glad that I was warned about this place. You could not get me in there if the meal for the whole family was free.

flyseye
  • Total Posts : 466
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Mon, 06/25/07 8:46 PM
Wow.

I danced the Hokey Pokey with my daughter when she was a kid about 100 years ago. She is grown and married now, and lives 2700 miles away, but I would give a kings ransom to relive that Hokey Pokey night long ago.

Frankly 90% of the time a quiet evening with my wife is what I look for in an evening out, but those of you so far removed from the joy of a little hokey pokey that you feel the need to ridicule the likes of other posters, well that is really sad.

enginecapt
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Tue, 06/26/07 5:35 AM
To be perfectly honest, I hated the hokey-pokey when I was a child too. I remember it as corny and embarrassingly silly.

You call it ridicule, I call it expressing an opinion. As long as it doesn't stray into ad hominem territory, which I try to never do, then it's grist for the mill here at Roadfood, so get over the sadness and roll with it my man.

planojim
  • Total Posts : 175
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Tue, 06/26/07 2:45 PM
I've been to the Babe's in Carrollton several times for both lunch and dinner.

I don't recall them singing the hokey pokey while I was there for lunch.

at dinner, they've sung it once each time.

Timntx
  • Total Posts : 22
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sun, 07/1/07 10:35 PM
I'm not trying to offend anyone...but after eating at the Babe's in Burleson several times, I have to say I think its overated. My wife is crazy about their potroast, but I think their fried chicken is mediocre at best. Just my opinion.

MetroplexJim
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 09/27/08 8:36 AM
An excellent review in the Dallas Morning News brought me back to this thread, the "scene" of my very first post on Roadfood.

Enjoy the review: http://www.guidelive.com/portal/page?_pageid=33,97400&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&item_id=67498

Previously, Babe's was cited in Southern Living for having "the best fried chicken in the South". Even I - obviously a big fan of Babe's - wouldn't go quite that far, but it's doggone good! On a recent trip to their Garland location I had the best hickory-smoked ribs ever. And the slab hung over both sides of an oval plate!

Born in OKC
  • Total Posts : 428
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Tue, 12/9/08 2:37 AM
Count this Georgia resident who grew up in Dallas as a Babe's fan. Babe's claims to have the old Youngblood's chicken recipe and I can not gainsay them. I ate at what I believe was the original location on NW Hiway just west of Preston often when I was a kid and also at Fair Park. It was (and is) good fried chicken and I like the country fried steak also.

And the Roanoke location has light fixtures from an elementary school in Dallas which was my polling place when I first voted. My wife's youmger sister and her husband introduced us to Babe's when we visited several years ago. When we are in the Metroplex we think about going to Babe's again.

waydeg
  • Total Posts : 444
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Tue, 05/19/09 2:41 PM
MetroplexJim

[id="quote"] Texans are honest, hard-working folk who are charmingly bereft of nuance. And they are loud-talkers. And their women feel compelled to cackle loudly at every "bon mot" that drops from the lips of her man. 

Brother, you don't know what loud is until you marry a New Yorker. And yes, It's my wife and I adore her.
Most Texans I know are typically outspoken but often soft spoken. I think I'm offended but I'm not exactly sure what "charmingly bereft of nuance" means.  At least they used the word charming.

Babe's is a FAMILY restaurant i.e. okay to bring young kids to. They serve a good meal with no pretense and don't mind the saltine crumbs on the floor.  

ALERT***
The BEST fried chicken I've ever had (besides my West Texas Grandmother's) is at a place in New Jersey. Yes, New Jersey. Make it a point to get to Delta's in New Brunswick. It may sound like soul food but in Texas, it's just good ol' country cookin'

http://deltasrestaurant.com/dinner.html

tiasmith123
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Fri, 05/29/09 7:47 AM
I have eaten that I like it very much it is just awesome and  me and my family is crazy about it.
Tia smith
find lawyer

PapaJoe8
  • Total Posts : 5504
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 05/30/09 7:30 AM
Where are you really from Tia?? "me and my family IS crazy" is not the way folks in CA. talk. And where are the  . . . 's. And what were you doing in north Texas? Did you go to Six Flags?
Joe

MetroplexJim
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Wed, 07/29/09 12:43 PM
On the way back to Dallas from our summer home we had a chance to stop at the fabled Loveless Cafe just west of Nashville.  Their fried chicken was excellent, but not as good as Babe's.  However, the Loveless biscuits - accompanied by their jams - made the stop more than worthwhile.

The various Babe's are indeed a food blessing for greater Dallas.

irodguy
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Thu, 08/13/09 11:24 PM
Greymo

[id="quote"]quote: [id="quote"]Originally posted by enginecapt

[id="quote"]

I am with you on this one.....................sounds terrible! Give me a break. Sounds plain disruptive to me.

It's really not a big deal.  The waitresses get up and dance sometimes with little kids.  It only occurs once or twice an hour.  The place is loud enough anyhow that it's just not an issue.  The food more the counteracts anything else.

MetroplexJim
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Mon, 09/28/09 12:12 PM
Excellent piece by a transplanted NYC'er about his quest for fried chicken in Dallas.  http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/taste/stories/DN-friedchicken0927_gd.State.Edition1.2486541.html

The Travelin Man
  • Total Posts : 3698
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Mon, 09/28/09 5:30 PM
After years of making every attempt to try Babe's during my annual visit to the Metroplex, I was finally able to hit the Carrollton location this past week.  I went with a work colleague and we both agreed that this was an excellent stop.  I found the chicken to be right up there in the top echelon of fried bird.  We ate more than our share of the mashed potatoes, and the green beans didn't go to waste, either.  I am not usually a fan of creamed corn, but this was delicious - real sweet corn.  I wouldn't say that I ate it by the bowlful, but I didn't push it to the edge of my plate, as I usually do with creamed corn.  The biscuits were light and buttery - the perfect compliment to the chicken.  Fortunately, I am more of a white-meat guy, while my buddy preferred the dark meat - so, I even landed an extra breast piece...which, I can happily report was consumed as take-out.....there was just toooooo much food.

At $10.99/per person, not only is the quality excellent, but it is wallet-friendly, as well.

txtwister
  • Total Posts : 259
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Wed, 09/30/09 2:20 PM
When visiting my parents in Granbury we go to Babe's fairly often and agree with those that love it.  The last time we visited, this past weekend, I had the catfish (and tomato relish, which I didn't much care for with the fish, I don't think it added anything - it was kind of like a spicy green tomato bread and butter pickle) which was excellent.

As for the hokey-pokey and karaoke waitresses, it's hard to explain why it actually works at Babe's, whereas anywhere else in the western world I'd be gritting my teeth and grumbling something about another [expletive] cutesy line-dance.  But somehow the entire experience manages to come off as more genuine than you'd expect.

Actually, I guess that's Babe's in a nutshell - yes, it is contrived, but no, it doesn't feel it.

And, I swear there must be crack in that salad dressing.  I can come up with no other explanation why plain iceberg lettuce, pre-dressed, is SO good.

Twinwillow
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Wed, 09/30/09 3:57 PM
PapaJoe8

Where are you really from Tia?? "me and my family IS crazy" is not the way folks in CA. talk. And where are the  . . . 's. And what were you doing in north Texas? Did you go to Six Flags?
Joe

PapaJoe8
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Mon, 10/26/09 7:07 PM
Twin... :~)

Anyone know of better fried chicken in N. Texas?
Joe

joerogo
  • Total Posts : 4463
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Mon, 10/26/09 7:15 PM
PapaJoe8

Twin... :~)

Anyone know of better fried chicken in N. Texas?
Joe

Hey JoePapa, Long time no hear.  The heck with fried chicken.  When i'm in N. Texas, I want deep fried sushi!

MetroplexJim
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 01/9/10 9:28 AM
As good, perhaps better:  http://www.rickschophouse.com/ .  Rick's chef uses marinates his birds for 24 hours in buttermilk and spices and pan-fries them to order.  It's a rare treat to find perfect fried chicken in a "fine dining" location.

Different, but still great:  www.broaster.com .  Many "locally famous" fried chicken places broast (a patented process) their birds.  Check their store locator.  Places I've enjoyed this treat near Dallas are in Farmersville, Ft. Worth, and Dallas proper.  For some reason this crispy, thinly-breaded bird is best enjoyed with sour cream. 

Pollo Campero:  http://www.campero.com/ is a Central-American chain that uses something nearly identical to the broasting process and sells the best "chain" product available today.

I miss the original Popeye's spicy chicken that I enjoyed on 14th. St. in DC during the Reagan administration.  Popeye's really screwed up when they moderated the heat.  Today I can hardly tell the difference between "spicy" and "regular".  Back in the day their Red Rice & Beans and onion rings were firery hot as well.  They used to be such a treat.

I'm still looking for but have yet to find a great "hot chicken" (a la Prince's of Nashville) joint in the Metroplex.  Anyone have any recommendations?

plb
  • Total Posts : 1020
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 01/9/10 4:43 PM
MetroplexJim

Different, but still great:  www.broaster.com .  Many "locally famous" fried chicken places broast (a patented process) their birds.  Check their store locator.  Places I've enjoyed this treat near Dallas are in Farmersville, Ft. Worth, and Dallas proper.  For some reason this crispy, thinly-breaded bird is best enjoyed with sour cream.  

I saw a couple of large panel trucks recently that said "Broasted Chicken" on them.  They actually said "American Broasted Chicken" and they were in Cartagena, Colombia.

tinagrrl
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Mon, 10/25/10 1:27 AM
Gee  --  I don't care what they dance  --  as long as they keep the Fried Chicken (or Catfish, or Smoked Chicken) coming.

Good biscuits, good sides.  Really friendly service, with great managers (at least in Garland).

Make it a point to eat there about once a month  --  any more and I tend to gain weight.

Real nice down home type place  --  with very good food.

kimmykins
  • Total Posts : 14
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Fri, 11/12/10 7:19 PM
My first time ever in TX about a month ago, some family friends got Babe's carryout in Plano.  The friend chicken was OK, but the smoked chicken was stellar.   I thought the fried chicken was a bit bland. 

However, the green beans really made up for the mediocre fried chicken.  I'm not sure how much bacon grease they used to flavor those greens, but I suspect that if you stick them in the fridge, the next day you will be skimming  some nice solid chunks off the top.  Also, the creamed corn was quite tasty.

kimmykins
  • Total Posts : 14
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Fri, 11/12/10 7:19 PM
My first time ever in TX about a month ago, some family friends got Babe's carryout in Plano.  The friend chicken was OK, but the smoked chicken was stellar.   I thought the fried chicken was a bit bland. 

However, the green beans really made up for the mediocre fried chicken.  I'm not sure how much bacon grease they used to flavor those greens, but I suspect that if you stick them in the fridge, the next day you will be skimming  some nice solid chunks off the top.  Also, the creamed corn was quite tasty.

ynotryme
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Fri, 11/12/10 8:02 PM

Happy to report Babe's is opening a new location in Arlington tx on 11/15 in the downtown district, a few blocks from both the Cowboy's and Ranger's stadiums. 

PapaJoe8
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Mon, 11/15/10 1:33 PM
Tina and Kimmy, welcome to Roadfood!

Tina, I grew up around Garland. I lived at I30 and Rose Hill Rd. for a while. We had horses and Black Angus cows there. Then I moved to White Rock Lake in Dallas. My pet store was at Lovers and Greenville Ave.

Kimmy, you can edit your 2nd post if you want. And, in Texas we ant some bacon grease w/ our greens. And in our chili! :~)

Plb, hard to find but that Broasted chicken is good stuff! Know of one near you?
Joe

tinagrrl
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 12/11/10 1:47 AM
blee7300

WHERE IS THE CATFISH / GREEN TOMATO RELISH RESTAURANT...CITY? NAME? THANK YOU

Babes in Garland also has rather good catfish  --  and really good tomato relish on the side. 

Chicken fried steak is good, as is their smoked chicken.  I'm not crazy about their pot roast (mine is better), but other folks say it's really good. 

As far as the hokey pokey goes  --  I don't like it, at the same time, the food is really good  --  so, am I going to "cut off my nose to spite my face"?

Heck, some high end, very expensive places are also very uncomfortable  --  especially when folks go there to be seen, rather than to eat.

Babes is very friendly.  the floor managers handle any potential problems, like unhappy folks, very nicely.  It really is a family place.  Going there is always fun.

PapaJoe8
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 12/11/10 6:07 PM
Joerogo, that's Chicken Fried Sushi here in N. Texas! :~)

Looks like Babe's might be the best fried chicken in this neck of tha woods. I have not found better in a restaurant around here..
Joe

Twinwillow
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 12/11/10 6:50 PM
Gotta second MetroplexJim's mention of Pollo Campero.
My favorite fried chicken in Dallas. An amazing chain out of Central America.

Twinwillow
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 12/11/10 6:56 PM
Texas Broasted Chicken in Dallas at 8424 Park Lane. Iffy neighborhood but, great broasted chicken! The chicken is well worth the iffy neighborhood.
Just bring your Uzi with you. 

ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1499
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Sat, 12/11/10 9:20 PM
MetroplexJim

I miss the original Popeye's spicy chicken that I enjoyed on 14th. St. in DC during the Reagan administration.  Popeye's really screwed up when they moderated the heat.  Today I can hardly tell the difference between "spicy" and "regular".  Back in the day their Red Rice & Beans and onion rings were firery hot as well.  They used to be such a treat.

Jim I know your comment is several months old but I did want to mention this. I found a Popeye's inside a truck stop at Vero Beach, Fl a couple of weeks ago. Whatever fond memories you might have of this chicken can now be filed in the round file. The spicy version still has a hint of something like tabasco sauce but has no discernible flavor whatsoever. I had a 2 piece with a pathetic biscuit and completely forgettable red beans and rice plus iced tea for about $9. Total waste of money. 

PapaJoe8
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Mon, 12/13/10 3:44 PM
Twin, I had forgoten about Jim's post about Pollo Campero. And abot the good pan fried chicken at Rick's. Oh, and thanks for the Broasted Chicken tip!.

Ces, yep... Popeye's bears no resembelence of it's former self. Sooo sad. :~(((
Joe

MetroplexJim
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Thu, 05/26/11 7:49 AM
Twinwillow

Texas Broasted Chicken in Dallas at 8424 Park Lane. Iffy neighborhood but, great broasted chicken! The chicken is well worth the iffy neighborhood.
Just bring your Uzi with you. 

Courtesy of the store locator on www.broaster.com , here is a safer places to get "Broasted" near Dallas:

1. BROASTER CHICKEN #889
335 E FM 3040 STE 10
LEWISVILLE TX 75067
Phone: 469-767-2200

2. BROASTER CHICKEN
3529 HERITAGE TRACE PKWY STE 159
FORT WORTH TX 76244
Phone: 817-741-8899

Twinwillow
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Thu, 05/26/11 11:44 AM
Thanks, Jim. You're a gem! But the "iffy neighborhood" Broasters is so much closer to me for when I crave a quick Broasters fix. So, I'll keep the Uzi loaded and drive just 5 miles rather than 30 plus miles.

I've been going to Pollo Campero lately because this terrific chain from Guatemala is now doing grilled chicken as well as deep fried.

MetroplexJim
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Fri, 06/24/11 8:33 AM
The fact that Pollo Campero now has grilled makes it easier to get the wife there.  Their Preston/Bush location is near both our car dealer and our Docs.

Speaking of Park Lane east of the Central ... have you ever tried the "laboratory restaurant" of the Culinary Institute of Dallas?  Mrs. Metro loves it because everything is "proper"; I like it because it's an incredible bargain.  You have to call for times: http://www.artinstitutes.edu/dallas/about/ .

MetroplexJim
RE: Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Fri, 08/5/11 10:54 AM
Babe's was recently featured on the Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" - fried chicken edition.

Jennifer_4
  • Total Posts : 1508
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Tue, 11/1/11 9:29 AM
hope I don't get that crabby when I get old...might as well sit in a wheel chair and have the food brought to you on a tray at that point...  if the food is good, I'd rather be surrounded by happy people enjoying themselves than a bunch of tired old crones bitching because they didn't get their early bird special on time.

MetroplexJim
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Thu, 11/10/11 6:07 PM
russ.murray

I had not eat there but after your comments my heart say to go there and taste the amazing dishes

Unfortunately for you, Babe's does not serve alcohol.

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7382
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Thu, 11/10/11 7:08 PM
MetroplexJim

russ.murray

I had not eat there but after your comments my heart say to go there and taste the amazing dishes

Unfortunately for you, Babe's does not serve alcohol.

Just a spammer from a foreign country (You couldn't tell???)

Twinwillow
Re:Babe's Chicken Dinner House - Thu, 11/10/11 7:37 PM
russ.murray

Now, why would anyone slap a "spam" label on this post?
Would someone please enlighten me if Iv'ed missed something here?
<message edited by Twinwillow on Thu, 11/10/11 7:41 PM>

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 60 of 72