Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing

Author
jonjax71
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 438
2009/11/24 23:11:06 (permalink)

Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing

Back when I was a rebelious teen and young adult in the mid-60s to early 70s, several years one of our friends hosted a Turkey Day feast that had a turkey stuffed with cannibas laced stuffing and cannibas or hashish brownies for desert, remember I Love You Alice B Toklas the film with Peter Sellers? I have also had my share of cannibas tea. Back then it was very inexpensive and quite abundant in So Cal, $ 50, a kilo(2.2 lbs) Consuming cannibas dates back thousands of years and it is quite pleasant, it takes a cupla hours to take effect as one has to digest it, the effect is complete full body and lasts for hours.

This year my wife and I have been invited to a special 1970s Turkey DAy feast by out friends of over 35 years who after spending 20 plus years in Oregon have returned to So Cal and live out in the pardon the pun, high desert near Joshua Tree.  Our old circle of friends, about 5 couples are having a nostalgic Thursday with cannibas stuffed free range turkey raised on their ranch, with the proper brownies and tea. We will spend the weekend out in the desert on the ranch so we won't have to concern ourselves with driving the 3 hours back home after feasting. It has been over 30 years since we have done anything like this and were tingling with anticipation

When my best pal returned from France in 1973 where he served  4 years as a jet mechanic on an Air force base during the Nam conflict, he told us how cannibas was hard to find and very expensive yet hashish was cheap and plentiful so it was not unusual for folks to cook with it, his favorite was to take a chunk of Lebanese or Afghan and place it in a pepper mill, the marinate a steak overnight with it as if it was a memphis style BBQ rub, then broil it the next day. I once had a spaghetti amd meatball diiner where instead of basil in the tomato sauce, cannibas was used.

There are several cookbooks covering a myriad of ways to cook or bake with cannibas, anyone here have any favorites?

15 Replies Related Threads

dannybotz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 357
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/25 00:08:35 (permalink)
    What the???.........
    mbrookes
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1355
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/25 13:03:04 (permalink)
    Are you aware that that is illegal? And that any drug enforcement  group with jusisdiction can subpoena Roadfood's info for your identification? Have you already started consuming?
    Foodosaurus
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 622
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/25 13:18:02 (permalink)

The key is that it is fat soluable.  So cook it slowly in the oil or butter that will be used in whatever recipe you are making. 

So if brownies call for 1/2C of oil, simmer it in the oil for as long as you've got and then strain it out; make the brownies according to the recipe.  The same would go for anything; pasta sauce, gravy, garlic bread....

The possibilities are endless.  Although you may have better ideas after you have already had some.
    porkbeaks
    • Total Posts : 2216
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/25 14:32:01 (permalink)
    mbrookes

Are you aware that that is illegal? And that any drug enforcement  group with jusisdiction can subpoena Roadfood's info for your identification? Have you already started consuming?

Any drug enforcement group with "jusisdiction" is already so stoned they wouldn't know how to word the subpoena.   pb
    Mosca
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2980
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/25 16:19:36 (permalink)
    No thanks for me. I was high from 1972 through the end of 1979, then decided enough was enough and stopped cold. I was in Jamaica in '87 and decided to fire one up for old time's sake, and hated it, felt uncomfortable and paranoid, and wondered what I ever saw in feeling that way.

No regrets for the time spent dreaming, but that was then and this is now.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4625
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/25 16:23:21 (permalink)
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4625
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/25 16:24:57 (permalink)
    jonjax71
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/26 14:55:05 (permalink)
    mbrookes

Are you aware that in many states anything other than the missionary position is illegal? Who cares-it's a victim less crime.

In Calif where I live as well as in other states possesion is a misdemeanor and handled like a traffic ticket with extremly low priority for law enforcement. Cannibas was legal in the USa until 1937 and was an ingredient in over the counter cough medicie as it is botancoally an antibiotic

As I use my wife's lap top in Joshua Tree country, I can smell the aroma of many things cookin, baking, grilling wow  A special surprise was when we arrived last night to our friend's ranch, he had a batch of home brewed beer and today we will have some home made wine and still pot cherry rum, a the good life of living away from it all-it's 13 miles to nearest town.

happy Happies y'all

mbrookes
    • Total Posts : 1355
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/27 12:53:30 (permalink)
    I'm afraid some of you you misunderstood me. I was not questionoing the practice, just the wisdom of announcing it so publicly.

While in some areas it may be treated like a traffic ticket, you may at some point need to be employed in another area. Believe me, employers do, indeed, read forums, Facebook, Twitter and all sorts of things that you may think are private.
    Jennifer_4
    • Total Posts : 1509
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/27 13:23:58 (permalink)
    Mosca

No thanks for me. I was high from 1972 through the end of 1979, then decided enough was enough and stopped cold. I was in Jamaica in '87 and decided to fire one up for old time's sake, and hated it, felt uncomfortable and paranoid, and wondered what I ever saw in feeling that way.

No regrets for the time spent dreaming, but that was then and this is now.

Mosca, I had the same experience in pretty much the same time frame (except my trip down memory lane was here in the states).   I just got tired of living in a fog all the time... now, I prefer to enjoy life in a clearer state of mind.

and I also agree with Mbrooks.. regardless of what we think of the legalities of the issue, the reality is that it IS illegal and announcing any criminal activity in a public forum just isn't wise... you are not only endangering yourselves, but could get the Roadfood team in trouble.
    blue heaven
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 491
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/27 14:15:40 (permalink)
    wow how pathetic......I feel sorry for you...live and learn.
    ynotryme
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 562
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/27 15:56:47 (permalink)
    we use to boil pot with a stck of butter. then as it cooled the butter would congeal with the thc oil. then use the butter to bake with.  Even though possession is illegal talking about it isn't
    porkbeaks
    • Total Posts : 2216
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/27 16:29:02 (permalink)
    Unless you have a lot to play with, I think this is a waste of weed. I'd rather fire up a fattie an hour or so before dinner and maybe another before pie & coffee. Whichever, it's all good.  pb  
    jonjax71
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/27 17:59:02 (permalink)
    mbrookes
    While in some areas it may be treated like a traffic ticket, you may at some point need to be employed in another area. Believe me, employers do, indeed, read forums, Facebook, Twitter and all sorts of things that you may think are private.

Jen 4 wrote <<<<  regardless of what we think of the legalities of the issue, the reality is that it IS illegal and announcing any criminal activity in a public forum just isn't wise... you are not only endangering yourselves, but could get the Roadfood team in trouble.   >>>>

Jen, Like Groucho is often quoted as saying, "that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever hoid" I publically declare I am guilty of breaking the laws of legally permited sexual activity thousands of times with my wife

M brookes, After owning 3 self service car washers and 3 laundromats for over 30 years, I sold them just about a a year ago and now before my 60th, I am retired. Just this past June my wife retired after 30 years as a private school teacher, the last 25 at the same school. I work a few hours a week at a music store of note just to give me an excuse to get out the house. Our house is paid for and our living expenses low, we are not materialistic and are not caught up in consumerism, having to have the latest gadgets. Our cars are 5 years old and in excellent shape, we still have a  late 60s rotary wall phone in the kitchen and the first 1970s touch tone princess phone in the bedroom, Western Electric products that have outlasted our other phones. In 3 years we'll take our S S at the 62 age rate, if S S still exists,  if not, we still will survive on her pension and our savings. If things get rough, we can always take out a mortgage on our home which is worth 5 times the amount we purchased it for in 1977 and paid off in 30 years, so like Alfred E Nueman would say, "What! Me worry?"

enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    Re:Back to the 70s this Turkey Day, cannibas stuffing 2009/11/27 18:40:14 (permalink)
    I find this subject matter refreshing in comparison to the sometimes stodgy same old-same old.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1