The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40
ayersian

Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Tue, 10/12/10 10:14 AM (permalink)
We found these beauties at the Farmers Diner in Quechee, Vermont (review pending approval) last weekend. The dogs are locally made for them, with locally smoked bacon and a bed of housemade cole slaw.  I thought they'd need some condiments, but after one bite, I decided against it.  The cole slaw added the perfect tangy complement and was made with minimal mayo (a definite plus in my opinion).  I'll update the RF Facebook page with a different angled shot right now!    Chris

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1928
    Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Tue, 10/12/10 10:19 AM (permalink)
    Doggydaddy: I'll be HAPPY to take those fabulous-looking slaw dogs off your hands.  Just throw them in my direction and they'll go straight in my mouth, I gar-on-tee!  

<message edited by MellowRoast on Tue, 10/12/10 10:22 AM>

biker jim

• Total Posts: 403
      Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Mon, 11/1/10 9:07 AM (permalink)
      Last week we did a bacon sausage with tomato cream cheese, guacamole and more bacon.  Bacon on bacon crime...fantastic!

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
        Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Tue, 11/2/10 4:18 PM (permalink)
        Diced tomato and onion, maybe some mild cheddar or shredded cabbage sounds good to me. Or a little good bbq sauce.

Holly Moore

Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Wed, 11/3/10 6:43 PM (permalink)
          Cheeze Whiz - Makes it into a Texas Tommy. Also like the idea of fried onions.  That said, those dogs would go down nicely all by themselves.

Ev1L

• Total Posts: 80
            Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Wed, 11/3/10 7:39 PM (permalink)
            I'd add chili, onions, cheese and a coupon for a free angioplasty at the local hospital

umbada

• Total Posts: 56
              Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Wed, 11/17/10 10:10 PM (permalink)
              Did anyone mention the TJ dog? Popular in Southern California, originated in Tijuana. Bacon wrapped dog, grilled onions, lots of chopped tomatoes, ketchup, mayo, mustard. Sweet or hot peppers. They're good. Don't grimace at the mention of ketchup as it blends with the mayo and everything else to make a delicious concoction.
              <message edited by umbada on Wed, 11/17/10 10:13 PM>

DadsDogs

• Total Posts: 629
                Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Fri, 11/19/10 3:23 AM (permalink)
                ayersian

We found these beauties at the Farmers Diner in Quechee, Vermont (review pending approval) last weekend. The dogs are locally made for them, with locally smoked bacon and a bed of housemade cole slaw.  I thought they'd need some condiments, but after one bite, I decided against it.  The cole slaw added the perfect tangy complement and was made with minimal mayo (a definite plus in my opinion).  I'll update the RF Facebook page with a different angled shot right now!    Chris

Gosh, this looks really good.  I'll be making these...right after breakfast..LOL.  DD

phatphil

• Total Posts: 668
                  Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Sat, 12/11/10 9:03 PM (permalink)
                  even though im from chicago that looks like a thickline of mustard with grilled carmelized onions.............thats it

Schmelly

• Total Posts: 185
                    Re:Bacon Dog, would you put anything on it? Pics Sun, 06/19/11 3:47 AM (permalink)
                    Man, the pics of these dogs are making me Hunnnnnnnngggrryyyyyyy....

Chewingthefat, just curious....Did you ever perfect this dog ? How did the public react to it ? It looks delicious.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                      Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com