Bacteria and it's works

Author
NightJay0044
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2006/12/18 19:33:48 (permalink)

Bacteria and it's works

Hi, I'm new to these forums and I'm in the resturaunt business. I get the whole concept of it all, but my question is, does all outbreaks of the bottom line come from bacterial cause?

Does bacteria grow mold, and fungas and all that stuff, or how does it work?

Thanks..

6 Replies Related Threads

Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2302
    RE: Bacteria and it's works 2006/12/18 19:56:14 (permalink)
    If you are in the food business, you need to take a class in HACCP procedures and/or ServSafe. Ask your manager.
    Pat T Hat
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 968
    RE: Bacteria and it's works 2006/12/18 20:28:52 (permalink)
    Works pretty hard! On salary be my guess do to the long hours.

Huh? It's not my intention to demean you if your serious.
    Your in the business...You get the concept and all, but....?
    Huh?
    Yeah Poverty Pete hit it right on the sanitizer the first time. I sure can't do better than that!
    genewj
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 370
    RE: Bacteria and it's works 2006/12/18 20:32:53 (permalink)
    Does u'r State issue Food hANDLERS LICENSES AND DO U HAVE ONE..??tHE NEW TESTING PROGRAM IS nATRION -WIDE..sOUNDS TO ME LIKE U MIGHT BE AN OWNER BUT NOT A FOOD PERSON!!!
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3301
    RE: Bacteria and it's works 2006/12/18 20:38:51 (permalink)
    NJ, the answer to your first question is no. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP) has consistently stated that reported foodborne outbreaks are caused by mishandling of food. Most of the time the mishandling occurs within the retail segment of the industry(restaurants, markets, schools, churches, camps, institutions, and vending locations)where ready-to-eat food is prepared and provided to the public for consumption. Proper and consistent hand washing is the best prevention. A restaurant must have a certified professional food handler present during hours of operation. The professional food handler's course covers the following topics: Management & Personnel, Food, HACCP-hazardous analysis of critical control points, Equipment, Physical Facility, and Foodborne Illness-bacteria, viruses, parasites, & fungi.

CSD

Licensed Professional Food Handler
    State of Wisconsin
    NightJay0044
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Bacteria and it's works 2006/12/18 21:12:02 (permalink)
    With the food place I'm in, I'm already an a new manager. I have knowledge on some of the food safety operations and such. Basically, I haven't passed the Food certification testyet, but they wanted to promote me anyways for my abilities that go beyond the work place.

To state something, I'm familiar with that foods are mishandled and that's how they become impure. Where I get thrown off is how each food and each ingrediant can get contaminated and all of the microorganisms, as in when it comes down to the technical stuff and not just the general things.

Basically, all outbreaks are caused by some type of microogranismn that was mishandled by people?
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3301
    RE: Bacteria and it's works 2006/12/18 21:32:05 (permalink)
    To better understand the concept of foodborne illness, this is what actually contaminates our food supply: food infection & food intoxication. A food infection is caused by consuming living, harmful microorganisms that exist in the food. They reproduce in your intestines and make you sick. A food intoxication occurs when the toxin produced by bacteria is consumed. Some toxins are heat resistant. Your questions and concerns will be covered in the professional food handler's course. The one day short-course is a requirement to become a restaurant manager in the state of Wisconsin. If you plan on a professional career in the food service industry, the certification is a must. Best of luck to you.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1