Bad Coney Idea

Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18629
2004/02/06 15:17:16 (permalink)

Bad Coney Idea

The latest sign that the world is coming to an end: Last night at a Skyline Chili restaurant in Gahanna, Ohio I saw the latest Atkins link. Skyline is serving a low-carb take on its coneys. Two dogs, with coney sauce, mustard, onions and shredded cheese in a bowl. No bun.

5 Replies Related Threads

Brahma Bob
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Bad Coney Idea 2004/02/08 17:38:09 (permalink)
    This Atkins thing has gone way over the top. Here in CA it's Atkins everything. All the burger joints now serve their burgers w/out buns. Everything's there... salad, cheese, secret sauce, pickles... just wrapped up in paper. I just don't get it!

I have a friend that's been on Atkins for a few years. He's never complained about the bread, or bun, or whatever. He just eats what he wants and leaves the rest. That seems reasonable to me.

I wondered when it would infect the hot dog world. Frankly, I had hoped that we would be immune.
    Grampy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1559
    RE: Bad Coney Idea 2004/02/08 17:47:35 (permalink)
    Atkins diet hot dog? Isn't diet hot dog something of an oxymoron? (Or at least a bovymoron?)
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18629
    RE: Bad Coney Idea 2004/02/08 17:54:53 (permalink)
    Based on Skyline's Atkins-compliant coney I have the answer for those who love Connecticut lobster rolls but don't want the carbs. Lots of hot buttered lobster in a bowl. Just use a spoon.

I am one amazing innovator!
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Bad Coney Idea 2004/02/09 09:08:25 (permalink)
    I just personally sit back and laugh watching these people and their fads! Not only in food, but right down to everyone wearing the same frames for their eye glasses... Just gives me a chuckle everytime I see a copycat! Someday they'll figure out the best diet is moderation! It's worked for years! Until these Fad Goers figure that out, I'll just sit back and chuckle!
    And I feel it's a crime to remove the bun from the hot dog! Is there no shame?
    hatteras04
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1097
    RE: Bad Coney Idea 2004/02/09 09:24:12 (permalink)
    It's just like the fat free craze a few years ago. Everyone was on the low fat diet and every commercial you saw was for fat-free or low fat food. It took people a while to realize that the way they kept up the flavor in these products is to add more sugar which turns into fat in the body if not used right away. This Atkins craze will cycle through and then something else will come along and we'll see all the commercials aimed towards those on whatever the new diet is. I did Atkins a few years ago and I'll have to say, I didn't think it was such a big deal to take the bun off myself.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1