Bakin' & Eggs (Chicago, IL)

Author
ImtheMom
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 33
2013/06/14 13:56:27 (permalink)

Bakin' & Eggs (Chicago, IL)

I had a wonderful breakfast at Bakin' & Eggs in Chicago, and I recommend this restaurant to others.

I ordered the “Bacon Waffle”.

Wow, it was delicious, and I recommend that you try it if you eat here.

Here is the menu description: bacon & rum batter + butter + maple syrup + bacon garnish

To me, the waffle was perfectly balanced: not too heavy and not too light, neither tough nor chewy, great combo of crisp and soft, cooked correctly and neither raw nor doughy inside.  The rum flavor in the batter was subtle but delicious.  There was a generous amount of bacon cooked in the batter.  The butter was a soft whipped butter, so it spread easily over the waffle.  The bacon garnish was a large strip of crispy bacon placed on top of the waffle.

The Intelligentsia coffee was fabulous.

I was there at 9:00 a.m. on a Thursday morning, so there was no wait and no crowds at the tables.  But of course they can be quite busy during normal meal times and weekend brunch.  The light and airy décor with the high ceilings made a beautiful ambience; I don’t know if the size makes it noisy during busy times or not.

I had an awesomely friendly and competent server.  I drank a mug of coffee with my meal, and when I indicated that I’d be eating and leaving relatively quickly, she asked if I wanted additional coffee to go, and brought me a nice full cup to take with me.

When it comes to the price of restaurant food, I’ve totally lost perspective regarding what is “bargain”, “appropriate” or “overpriced”.  Lately, to me, everything seems expensive!!  The entrée I described was $9.00 and the bottomless coffee was $2.50.  That’s probably normal for this type of restaurant in Chicago’s Lakeview and Lincoln Park neighborhoods.

post edited by ImtheMom - 2013/06/14 14:10:27

1 Reply Related Threads

love2bake
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1487
    Re:Bakin' & Eggs (Chicago, IL) 2013/09/01 19:31:08 (permalink)
    Mmmm!!!  Had to look up this place, and the photos on Yelp look fabulous.

Thank you for sharing this place!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1