Barn BBQ in Montreal?

Author
Hepcat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 374
2003/10/27 13:56:16 (permalink)

Barn BBQ in Montreal?

Has anyone tried the ribs at the Barn BBQ in downtown Montreal? Evidently it's the perennial favourite restaurant of the Montreal Alouettes because of the massive portions!

I haven't been to Montreal in several years and I'm wondering how I'd find the Barn's ribs stacking up to the competition now that I've become somewhat of a rib connoisseur!

2 Replies Related Threads

DaveM
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 353
    RE: Barn BBQ in Montreal? 2003/10/27 17:23:22 (permalink)
    BBQ Barn is on Rue Guy, just west of the downtown.
    BBQ in Montreal refers to rotiscerie (sorry for the spelling) chicken, with BBQ sauce on the side.
    Ribs are not their #1 product.
    Unfortunatly, I have not eaten there in at least 5 years, but the place is still going strong, very heavily advertised, and very popular, especially with families.
    DaveM
    Hepcat
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Barn BBQ in Montreal? 2003/10/28 18:08:35 (permalink)
    quote:
    BBQ in Montreal refers to rotiscerie (sorry for the spelling) chicken, with BBQ sauce on the side. Ribs are not their #1 product.

Interesting! Perhaps the Barn has evolved over the years and changed its fundamental concept to a certain extent! I used to take several trips a year to Montreal in the 1980's. At the time, the Barn was a raucous cellar BBQ joint that could have been categorized as a bit rough around the edges. I certainly would not have called it a family restaurant at the time. The featured dish then seemed to be ribs and the portions that were served were humongous!

When I revisited Montreal in the summer of 2000, I found that the Barn had expanded upstairs as well and had acquired a more gentle, family atmosphere with a change in decor. And rotisserie chicken seemed to have just about supplanted ribs as the featured menu item!

I was a bit disappointed in the changes as the barn seemed to have lost the fun edge it had in my youth!

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1