Hot!Batter Fried Cod?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 424
Re:Batter Fried Cod? 2014/03/23 16:17:21 (permalink)
South Laguna is too far to go but Red Robin is much closer and delicious!
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2357
Re:Batter Fried Cod? 2014/03/23 16:37:54 (permalink)
Michael Hoffman

mar52

Lisa, I did!  What's the lake near Buffalo? 

Walleye is now on my list.

Never had Grouper, either.  Do people fry grouper?  Is it known by a different name in the Western states?

There are a number of different groupers, ranging from red grouper all the way up to Warsaw grouper (also known as Jewfish -- really). They're warm water fish, and they're delicious. In fact, grouper is my second favorite salt water fish, right behind dolphin (which some people call mahi mahi [which only makes sense if one is speaking Hawaiian] or dorado -- Spanish). My favorite ways to cook grouper fillets are sautéed and broiled, in butter and lemon.

That's how I met my wife ( Groped her) The cop told me it sounded fishy..........The stalking charges never stuck.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18257
Re:Batter Fried Cod? 2014/03/23 16:44:06 (permalink)
One of these days she's going to read one of your posts and then you're really going to be in trouble.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10080
Re:Batter Fried Cod? 2014/03/23 17:53:22 (permalink)
iluvcfood
mar52
Never had Grouper, either.  Do people fry grouper?  Is it known by a different name in the Western states?

Grouper can also be classified as Sea Bass.

Grouper is not classified as Sea Bass! While Sea Bass is a very distant cousin of the fish commonly known as Grouper, it  is often mislabeled as Grouper to get a better price. Grouper is a MUCH BETTER FISH than those classified as Sea Bass. Why would a seller classify a higher priced fishlike Grouper for something at a lesser price?
The best grouper I've had have come from the Gulf of Mexico, especially off the FL Coast.
The domestic species caught off the coast of Florida is white and lean with a mile sweet flavor. Red Grouper meat is firm with a heavy flake and remains moist after cooking.
Joe Patti's in Pensacola FL will ship it to you!
http://www.joepattis.com/shop/select-quantity.cfm?productnum=6614&typeNum=83
post edited by Foodbme - 2014/03/23 18:05:30
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6626
Re:Batter Fried Cod? 2014/03/23 18:00:09 (permalink)
pnwchef

Michael Hoffman

mar52

There are a number of different groupers, ranging from red grouper all the way up to Warsaw grouper (also known as Jewfish -- really). They're warm water fish, and they're delicious. In fact, grouper is my second favorite salt water fish, right behind dolphin (which some people call mahi mahi [which only makes sense if one is speaking Hawaiian] or dorado -- Spanish). My favorite ways to cook grouper fillets are sautéed and broiled, in butter and lemon.

That's how I met my wife ( Groped her) The cop told me it sounded fishy..........The stalking charges never stuck.

I thought they were "stocking" charges........you were illegally bringing in grouper spawn to Washington.  Just settle down and wait for your Alaskan Copper River Salmon.  Sheesh. 
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Batter Fried Cod? 2014/03/23 18:05:00 (permalink)
iluvcfood

mar52

Grouper can also be classified as Sea Bass.

Not it cannot. Grouper are members of the Serranidae family. The Serranidae family includes sea bass. Sea bass are a totally different species, but because of the familial connection some people group them, erroneously, together.

pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2357
Re:Batter Fried Cod? 2014/03/23 18:16:02 (permalink)
Grouper, the big ugly fish that come right up to your face while scuba diving. They would scare the hell out of me, I always thought they would back off.....
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Batter Fried Cod? 2014/03/23 18:20:16 (permalink)
pnwchef

Grouper, the big ugly fish that come right up to your face while scuba diving. They would scare the hell out of me, I always thought they would back off.....

Try dealing with a 200 pound Jewfish on the end of your spear.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1