Be Careful

Author
RJT
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 400
2012/10/27 21:21:55 (permalink)

Be Careful

I just wanted to remind vendors to be careful and watch their backs. I had a guy flip on me today and it almost became ugly. Crazy part is he was not buying a thing he for some reason thought "I was looking at him". In reality I was sitting in a chair minding my business enjoying a beautiful Carolina day. It was like he missed taking meds or something.

I have been in some wild situations over the time I have been vending. I am a former LEO and military so I have seen a lot of nuts and "tough guys" but it really amazes me at the way people act and behave. Be very mindful of your surroundings and situations. So, just a reminder to be vigilant and be safe!!

6 Replies Related Threads

DadsDogs
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 629
    Re:Be Careful 2012/10/28 01:44:38 (permalink)
    RJT

I just wanted to remind vendors to be careful and watch their backs. I had a guy flip on me today and it almost became ugly. Crazy part is he was not buying a thing he for some reason thought "I was looking at him". In reality I was sitting in a chair minding my business enjoying a beautiful Carolina day. It was like he missed taking meds or something.

I have been in some wild situations over the time I have been vending. I am a former LEO and military so I have seen a lot of nuts and "tough guys" but it really amazes me at the way people act and behave. Be very mindful of your surroundings and situations. So, just a reminder to be vigilant and be safe!!

Well said.  DD
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10110
    Re:Be Careful 2012/10/28 02:47:42 (permalink)
    Some of the illegal drugs people are using make them go nutso at any given moment.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmg86CRBBtw
    LuckyDog
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 61
    Re:Be Careful 2012/10/30 11:33:07 (permalink)
    Glock......never leave home without it!
    RJT
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 400
    Re:Be Careful 2012/10/30 11:44:58 (permalink)
    LuckyDog

Just like American Express

BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 438
    Re:Be Careful 2012/10/30 16:22:46 (permalink)
    maybe he thought you were dogging him.

Hot Dog Empire
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 177
    Re:Be Careful 2012/11/04 21:38:28 (permalink)
    LuckyDog

I have often wondered if anybody carries when working. I carry a S&W M&P.40 all the time. I dont live in a bad area and I dont look for trouble. Thats a whole other topic about carrying.

Does anyone carry while vending? I was curious as to what types/size of pistols/revolver and how they address the concealment issues, as well as be sure they are not "flashing" while they prepare customers orders. Part of my business plan involves the bar crowd from 10PM till closing (2am here). Again, I dont want to discuss "why" someone should or should not carry, I'm just looking to know if anyone does and how they handle it.

I was talking to a vendor at a fair about a year ago and he showed me a shotgun that he keeps over the window, out of view inside the trailer.  I asked him about the location and he said, "Ive been held up a few times. The last time, just giving him all my money wasnt enough - he wanted more and tried to come through the window.  So I made the decision to keep a firearm within reach. Being held up, your hands are in the air anyways, its just a few inches to your firearm. If the money isnt enough for them, then ill do what I have to - to live"

Anyone else carry?
    (sorry to hi-jack your thread)
    post edited by Hot Dog Empire - 2012/11/04 21:40:46
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1