Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank

Author
Danmel
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 193
  • Joined: 2004/07/25 19:04:00
  • Location: Long Island, NY
  • Status: offline
2004/11/25 09:28:59 (permalink)

Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank

These products are real! Be happy you won't have to choke them down today!

8. Meeter's Kraut Juice (Stokely USA): Yes, that's sauerkraut juice,
which is even worse than it sounds. The taste and smell can be a bit, well,
harsh, but KJ is reputed by its fans to have certain medicinal benefits (as a
source of vitamin C, cure for intestinal bugs, etc.), which adds up to a
classic case of the cure being worse than the disease.

7. Guycan Corned Mutton with Juices Added (Bedessee Imports): The best thing
about this Uruguayan canned good is the very pouty-looking sheep on the
package label -- he seems to be saying, "Go on, eat me already." The
second-best thing is the presence of both "cooked mutton" and "mutton" in
the ingredients listing, which would seem to have all the mutton bases
covered.

6. Armour Pork Brains in Milk Gravy (Dial Corp.): If you're really looking
to clog up those arteries in a hurry, you'll be pleased to learn that a
single serving of pork brains has 1,170 percent of our recommended daily
cholesterol intake. All the more ingenious, then, that the label on this
product helpfully features a recipe for brains and scrambled eggs.

5. Sweet Sue Canned Whole Chicken (Sweet Sue Kitchens, Inc.): From its size
(think growth-impaired Cornish hen) to its overall appearance (it's stewed
in a quivering mass of aspic goop), this product may change forever your
idea of what constitutes a chicken. Gives new meaning to the old line about
meat "falling off the bone."


More at:
http://toast.blackened.com/jokes/worst_convenience_foods.txt

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
#1

9 Replies Related Threads

    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    • Joined: 2004/07/12 17:17:00
    • Location: Knoxville, TN
    • Status: offline
    RE: Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank 2004/11/25 09:30:49 (permalink)
    I saw the kraut juice yesterday at Kroger's. I thought to myself, "what kind of person goes for that?". OK, so there are more gross foods out there. Who'da thunk?
    #2
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3759
    • Joined: 2003/03/25 02:02:00
    • Location: Central FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank 2004/11/25 10:00:13 (permalink)
    I thought this thread was going to be a little different initially.....

    I know that with every year that passes, and that I no longer have to eat Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandmother's house, I am thankful that I will never see gifilte fish on the table with the turkey!

    Thank you, Thank you, Thank You....a hundred times over....

    Steve
    #3
    Danmel
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 193
    • Joined: 2004/07/25 19:04:00
    • Location: Long Island, NY
    • Status: offline
    RE: Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank 2004/11/25 10:41:15 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by stevekoe

    I thought this thread was going to be a little different initially.....

    I know that with every year that passes, and that I no longer have to eat Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandmother's house, I am thankful that I will never see gifilte fish on the table with the turkey!

    Thank you, Thank you, Thank You....a hundred times over....

    Steve



    No gefilte fish here, but nary a holiday goes by without Matzoh Ball soup on the table!
    #4
    tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2011
    • Joined: 2004/10/01 15:59:00
    • Location: Millbury, MA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank 2004/11/26 09:49:53 (permalink)
    I don't know about the brand, but I have had canned whole chicken. It really isn't that bad (or that good)
    #5
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5066
    • Joined: 2003/05/20 11:25:00
    • Location: Tallahassee, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank 2004/11/26 11:06:15 (permalink)
    Speaking of THAT... :

    REJECTED McDonald's food ideas



    Chicken McBobbitts

    Salmon McNella

    Tom & Roseanne "Together Forever" Value Meal

    Shirley McLean Burger

    McMenudo

    Filet o' Gefilte Fish

    Way Too Happy McMeal

    Lion King Hairball Happy McMeal

    Them Ain't Nuggets Nuggets

    McKitty Sandwich

    Boutrous Boutrous McBurger

    Rocky McMountain McOysters

    McSpleen

    The Depressed McMeal

    Filet O' Flesh

    McShrooms

    Bob Barker's Happy Pants McMeal

    McTonya Club Sandwich

    Grumpy McMeal, Dopey McMeal, and Sneezy McMeal

    Fried Okra McFries

    McOlestra Fries

    Free-range Chicken McNuggets

    McPork sandwich

    McVitamin Slushy

    Kiwi fruit turnover

    McKitty Sandwich

    McHaggis
    #6
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3759
    • Joined: 2003/03/25 02:02:00
    • Location: Central FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank 2004/11/27 14:57:45 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Danmel


    No gefilte fish here, but nary a holiday goes by without Matzoh Ball soup on the table!


    I can handle the matzoh ball soup -- even maternal Grandma's wimpy, fluffy (the way they're supposed to be) consistency versus paternal Grandma's knife, fork, and jackhammer (the way I likes 'em) consistency. But, I would rather poke my eye with a sharp stick than eat -- or even smell -- gefilte fish ever again.

    Steve
    #7
    scenicrec
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 16
    • Joined: 2002/09/30 21:40:00
    • Location: san fracisco, CA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank 2004/11/27 16:25:56 (permalink)
    Sounds like someone read "Inconspicuous Consumption"!
    #8
    Route 11
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 755
    • Joined: 2003/05/28 11:17:00
    • Location: Howardsville, VA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank 2004/11/27 21:57:56 (permalink)
    My dear mother had quite a collection of cookbooks. I found one of those old "name brand" ones this summer she had marked some recipes in.
    One was "Ideal Choo-Choo Wheels with Meat Sauce".
    #9
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    • Joined: 2003/04/09 22:48:00
    • Location: Athens, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Be Thankful none of THESE foods are on your Thank 2004/11/27 22:20:02 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Adjudicator

    Speaking of THAT... :
    REJECTED McDonald's food ideas
    Chicken McBobbitts
    Salmon McNella
    Tom & Roseanne "Together Forever" Value Meal
    Shirley McLean Burger
    McMenudo
    Filet o' Gefilte Fish
    Way Too Happy McMeal
    Lion King Hairball Happy McMeal
    Them Ain't Nuggets Nuggets
    McKitty Sandwich
    Boutrous Boutrous McBurger
    Rocky McMountain McOysters
    McSpleen
    The Depressed McMeal
    Filet O' Flesh
    McShrooms
    Bob Barker's Happy Pants McMeal
    McTonya Club Sandwich
    Grumpy McMeal, Dopey McMeal, and Sneezy McMeal
    Fried Okra McFries
    McOlestra Fries
    Free-range Chicken McNuggets
    McPork sandwich
    McVitamin Slushy
    Kiwi fruit turnover
    McKitty Sandwich
    McHaggis


    Adjudicator,
    You left out the McLivermush sandwich for breakfast in North Carolina.
    Becoming Mushily, Ort. Carlton in 30601-Central.
    #10
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1