Beachconcession needs CC system that can track cash and print reciepts

Author
Burrben
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2014/04/28 08:10:05 (permalink)

Beachconcession needs CC system that can track cash and print reciepts

Hi,
I'm new to roadfood and just purchased a truck / food trailer that we drive on the beach in New Smyrna to sell food and rent chairs.  The county requires us to have a CC system that allows you to enter a cash transaction as well as take CC's and print receipts.  Everyone on the beach uses Merchant Services and a version of the Nutrit 8000 machine.  

My problem is that I called Merchant Services to setup my new account and they no longer offer the Nutrit model, they now only use a machine that won't allow cash transaction input.  They have a Iphone/Android app that will do both, but it won't print receipts.   I can use other vendors, and I'm going to be calling around this week.  There are just so many to choose from!

Any suggestions?  

PS: I should mention, we're on the beach, so we need a cellular system and it has to be pretty compact, Ipad or smaller since we are tight on space.
post edited by Burrben - 2014/04/28 08:16:33

5 Replies Related Threads

Midnights
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 225
    Re:Beachconcession needs CC system that can track cash and print reciepts 2014/04/28 15:23:53 (permalink)
    According to the interwebs, these two might work in conjunction with an iPhone and a Square:
    http://www.barcodesinc.com/star/part-39463110.htm
    http://www.barcodesinc.com/star/tsp650-series.htm#
    fishscale28
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 254
    Re:Beachconcession needs CC system that can track cash and print reciepts 2014/04/28 22:59:20 (permalink)
    I'm a huge advocate of Revel and their whole setup. I've used just about every POS under the sun and many are great-I've just found the Revel system to work much better across the board.
    BelCibo
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 171
    Re:Beachconcession needs CC system that can track cash and print reciepts 2014/04/29 08:33:37 (permalink)
    Square register will track cash and print receipts as well.
    Burrben
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Beachconcession needs CC system that can track cash and print reciepts 2014/04/29 08:41:26 (permalink)
    Thanks, I'm looking into all the options.  I really don't want to invest more than 300 into a system, since the current vendors have a CC machine that can enter a cash line and it doesn't cost them anything.  It would be nice to have a POS system, but we are constricted on space, so having a big screen would get in the way.  I might just buy a Nurit 8020 online and maybe Total Merchant Services can use it.
    Buck & Vi's
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 833
    Re:Beachconcession needs CC system that can track cash and print reciepts 2014/04/30 20:10:41 (permalink)
    I use square register w/ I-pad, and a printer, I got the little plug in "doo hicky" to make the printer wireless and I also invested in a mobile hot spot(mine is Verizon) cost about 70 bucks for the unit and 30 bucks a month for the data, to get my internet more reliable.(square does now offer transactions that require no internet at the time of purchase but you are responsible for any out of date or expired cards)then when internet is available it downloads trans.my system works very well the square app has the pos that's basic but very easily to operate and get around with.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1