Bean Salad (others welcome too)

Author
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 802
2014/06/02 12:28:43 (permalink)

Bean Salad (others welcome too)

Hot weather is upon us and bean salad is one of those summer time dishes I love. Be it my Mom's Kidney Bean Salad, my Black Bean Salad or just about any other. I like them all.

They are simple, using canned beans,  and tossed with a whole range of other good stuff.

My Black Bean Salad is pretty much homemade Salsa with the beans. Had a White Bean Salad in Italy that was simply, White Beans, rosemary, olive oil and lemon. What do you say?

1 Reply Related Threads

felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3515
    Re:Bean Salad (others welcome too) 2014/06/02 12:51:17 (permalink)
    We live on salads in the summer, and I do a lot with beans because, unlike pasta, they are good carbs with all the fiber. I do a black bean and corn salad that sounds similar to yours (lime juice and honey dressing). White bean and tuna with a lemon-mustard vinaigrette. Of course kidney bean salad and three bean salad. I also make one with wax beans and edamame with tomatoes in a Dijon-lime vinaigrette. 

I can't say we always have a bean salad in the mix, but all summer long I typically have 3-5 salads in the fridge at any given time, and usually once a week one of them is a bean salad.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1