Beef Market Forecasts for 2004

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Grampy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: Beef Market Forecasts for 2004 2004/01/06 13:24:05 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by lleechef

quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

quote:
Originally posted by lleechef

quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

Tiki:

I absloutely agree. Buy locally and support the local farmers and purveyors of meat and cheese. Their future is ours.

For the upcoming Yukon Quest race the Canadian government has stated that mushers may not bring dog food containing any beef, poultry or pork products. Are we overreacting??

That's terrible! What will you feed them, canned Snappy Mackeral Casserole for dogs? Do I see a canine marketing trend here?

Yep, it's lookin like Snappy Mackeral Casserole and Chum Salmon Supreme.

I can see the label now: CHUMS, a Man's Best Friend - Next to His Dog
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: Beef Market Forecasts for 2004 2004/01/06 13:35:52 (permalink)
Actually,although this dogfood ruling may be a bit overboard---i have a family friend that runs sleds dogs and they do just fine on fish---they eat really well on it as a matter of fact---they have dined on frozen whole salmon---the heads especially are LOADED with high quality fats---ask any bear! he would stack them like cordwood in the sled and the dogs got to chew on some tasty chew toys that they relished.
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6905
RE: Beef Market Forecasts for 2004 2004/01/06 13:46:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by tiki

Actually,although this no beek dogfood ruling may be q bit overboard---i have family friend that runs sleds dogs and they do just fine on fish---they eat really well on it as a matter of fact---they have dined on frozen whole salmon---the heads especially are LOADED with high quality fats---as any bear! he would stack them like cordwood in the sled and the dogs got to chew on some tasty chew toys that they relished.

Pretty much all of the chum salmon caught here is given to the dogs and yes, they seem to love it. It is the most "inferior" of all the species of salmon. Keeping a kennel of 100 or so dogs is expensive and I'm sure they get contributions from the commercial dog food companies and I think that this is what the Canadian hoopla is all about since I'm sure the commercial stuff contains meat products.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1