Beer: the Quicker pick-me-upper

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
rmcielwain
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 618
RE: Beer: the Quicker pick-me-upper 2005/01/27 20:31:44 (permalink)

Ort,

Do you have an Olde Frothingslosh ("The Pale Stale Ale") can (with the
world-famous Fatima Yechburgh on the front) from Pittsburgh Brewing: I
purchased one back in my college days at an antique sale in the mall; of
course, about 10 years later, it sprung a leak (as expected). It's either
still somewhere among all my collections, or I had to give it a proper burial
sometime last year. " />[|)]
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5099
RE: Beer: the Quicker pick-me-upper 2005/01/27 21:39:29 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

Dearfolk,
I'll try it just once out of sheer curiosity... and to keep the can. It's weird enough that it can't possibly remain in production too long: the novelty will wear off.
Its description sort of reminds me of Hop 'N' Gator from Pittsburgh Brewing and Lime Lager from Lone Star Brewing... both brands have, alas, gone bye-bye... as has my favorite, Cool Colt Malt Liquor. I've probably got ten cases of traders of that 16-ounce can scattered about....
Collectingly, Ort. Carlton, B. C. C. A. # 24309, in Athens, Georgia.
P. S. Thanks for reminding me, folks... I've gotta renew my membership!
P. P. S. For those of you who do not know, B. C. C. A. stands for Beer Can Collectors of America. I joined in 1979 or 1980 and am still a one-eye-open active collector.
Hey Ort....I'm #21772. Most of my cans are still at my parents' house but I do have some here at mine and I definitely know I don't have a Hop'n Gator or Lime Lager...drop me a line off-board if you're interested in maybe trading or if you're looking for cans particular to the Midwest.

And yes, should Lake Louie ever start a packaging line I'll be sure to mention it. But only after I subject the packages to rigorous and extensive quality-control tests!

Cheesehead: I'm not sure how long you've been back in WI but I hope you've had a chance to sample the Tyranena products out of Lake Mills. I told my wife that "Aunt Cal" who's pictured on the "Bitter Woman IPA" bottle reminds me of my mother-in-law...

Since it's been hijacked a little maybe someone should to relocate this thread to the Miscellaneous Forum?

What goes good with RoadFood? RoadBeer!

Brad

PS Nothing wrong with lining the trunk with plastic bags and filling it with ice. We - I mean, those horrid hoodlums and riffraff - used to do that in high school.
cheesehead
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 48
RE: Beer: the Quicker pick-me-upper 2005/01/27 22:13:59 (permalink)
Brad, I've seen Tyranena advertised from I94, but I haven't seen it locally. Woodmans usually has a great selection of the local breweries, but I haven't seen it there yet. Wife is going to look tomorrow.

ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5099
RE: Beer: the Quicker pick-me-upper 2005/01/27 22:21:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by cheesehead

Brad, I've seen Tyranena advertised from I94, but I haven't seen it locally. Woodmans usually has a great selection of the local breweries, but I haven't seen it there yet. Wife is going to look tomorrow.
You're in luck. The Stoughton store that carries Lake Louie (the Warped Speed Scotch Ale's my favorite) also has a good Tyranena selection (as does Jim's North Page Liquor).

And while you're in Stoughton, consider stopping at The Koffee Kup or The Eatery for a bite. And you get some authentic Norwegian pastries at Fosdal's Bakery.

Brad

PS Since there are lots of lutefisk lovers here, Stoughton has a huge Syttende Mai celebration every year...
marcbla
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 139
RE: Beer: the Quicker pick-me-upper 2005/01/27 23:46:07 (permalink)
America's oldest brewery, Yuengling, Pottsville PA their lager is a very good beer, I have been drinking their products since i was eighteen (oop"s i mean twenty one!)
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: Beer: the Quicker pick-me-upper 2005/01/28 04:36:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by rmcielwain

Ort,

Do you have an Olde Frothingslosh ("The Pale Stale Ale") can (with the
world-famous Fatima Yechburgh on the front) from Pittsburgh Brewing: " />[|)]

You forgot the "With The Foam On The Bottom," part.
cheesehead
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 48
RE: Beer: the Quicker pick-me-upper 2005/01/31 23:24:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Brad_Olson

quote:
Originally posted by cheesehead

You're in luck. The Stoughton store that carries Lake Louie (the Warped Speed Scotch Ale's my favorite) also has a good Tyranena selection (as does Jim's North Page Liquor).

And while you're in Stoughton, consider stopping at The Koffee Kup or The Eatery for a bite. And you get some authentic Norwegian pastries at Fosdal's Bakery.

Brad

PS Since there are lots of lutefisk lovers here, Stoughton has a huge Syttende Mai celebration every year...

Brad, my wife brought me home a 6 pack of Chief Blackhawk's Porter and a 6 pack of Rocky's Revenge. Thankyou sir. This is fantastic brew. The porter is extradinary. We are definetly going to take a trip to Lake Mills.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1