Beginning this journey...advice and guidance needed

Author
Southern Bell
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2012/07/05 00:10:21 (permalink)

Beginning this journey...advice and guidance needed

Hello, I am a first time poster though I have been following this forum for a little while. My dream is to have a food truck business and a friend and I just recently purchased a Step Van. now we begin the converting process. I am located in Maryland and need good vendor suggestions as well as any advice you can offer as a first time food truck owner. how much of this conversion do you'll suggest I we do and what things do I need to beware of? Thanks. I will keep everyone posted on my journey.

The Southern Bell

I will post pics as soon as I'm allowed

4 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10408
    Re:Beginning this journey...advice and guidance needed 2012/07/05 01:34:52 (permalink)
    Welcome! Since you've been on here a while, I hope you've found all the forums and posts on here related to van conversions. That's the best place to start. Read them all!
    Give us an idea of what you're planning to sell, the type of food, the extent of the menu etc. Different foods/menus require different build outs, different plumbing, electrical etc. The more info you give us the more we can help you!
    Be specific as possible.
    Southern Bell
    Junior Burger
    Re:Beginning this journey...advice and guidance needed 2012/07/06 23:59:45 (permalink)
    Thanks Foodbme for the reply. I have been reading through the post and have found ALOT of helpful information.
    I purchased a 1986 22' stepvan. It was formally a FedEx truck and is in GREAT CONDITION. My menu will be in two parts:
    1. Southern Style Delights - Fried Chicken/Fish, Veggie, Sides, Corn Rolls....etc...

and

2. Funnel Cakes

We are now researching the best materials to use for building our kitchen and equipment. I would love any suggestion and thoughts you'll have on this.  Thanks again for replying. :)
    Southern Bell
    Junior Burger
    Re:Beginning this journey...advice and guidance needed 2012/07/07 00:25:04 (permalink)
    I've uploaded pics of the truck on my shutterfly site.

Southern Bell
    Junior Burger
    Re:Beginning this journey...advice and guidance needed 2012/07/07 00:25:31 (permalink)
    wow...seems like i am unable to post to the link. Is there anyway to post the link to my site? So many restrictions here. 
    post edited by Southern Bell - 2012/07/07 00:26:54
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1