The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Believe it or Not..........

redtressed

• Total Posts: 1017
Believe it or Not.......... Fri, 02/20/04 11:24 PM (permalink)
I am not a major fan of Pizza Hut, though I admit to having a prior liking to their American Sausage and to their Caesar Salads. At the insistence of number one( and only one) 6 year old son today, we ordered their new 4 for all Pizza, which I gotta tell ya......it was purty darn good and CHEAP. In case it's not in your area yet, it is 4 square hand tossed style crust pizzas, each square with 4 pieces , and 3 extra toppings allowed, for 11.99. It's great for the kids because they can get what THEY want and have their own pizza without cries of..."THAT MUSHROOM TOUCHED MY PIECE OF PIZZA>>>>>>YUCKKKKKKKK" I ordered two such of the animals and had a couple of his pals over to dine and they were crazy about it. One of the most persnickety and pretentious Mom and Dad's stopped by and sampled it also , and were pretty impressed, running home to order more. So for those of you with picky eaters or children, this seems to be a good viable option to prevent arguments.

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
    RE: Believe it or Not.......... Fri, 02/20/04 11:34 PM (permalink)
    I haven't tried one of these yet, but it does seem like a great idea. I read somewhere that a lot of the franchise owners were against it for fears of increased prep time, but that the corporate headquarters forced them to start offering them Superbowl weekend. Judging from what I've heard, so far it is a big success. I wouldn't be surprised if the other chains quickly followed suit and soon everyone had their own version of this. Like you, I'm not a big fan of Pizza Hut so it would be great if this became such a trend that some of the local places started doing it.

Rhodes

• Total Posts: 281
      RE: Believe it or Not.......... Sat, 02/21/04 8:41 AM (permalink)
      I'm not a big PH fan in the least, but it seems like a neat idea, and the ad with the muppets also cracked me up (at least the first few times I saw it). Step Away From the Frog!!

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: Believe it or Not.......... Sat, 02/21/04 10:55 AM (permalink)
        We have those ads running in West Michigan. But looks like more crust then pizza to me. If you watch the size of the pepperoni vs. the size of the square it's looking pretty darn small to me!

redtressed

• Total Posts: 1017
          RE: Believe it or Not.......... Sat, 02/21/04 11:58 AM (permalink)
          Uncle Vic, you are right about them not being huge......each square slice is about 4 inches by 4 inches and kind of a cross between deep dish and Neopolitan style in the amount of sauce. The crust consistency is between that of a foccacia bread and a hand tossed pizza crust. The crust is not greasy and mushy like their pan pizza, but semi firm. What I'm trying to impart, that imho, at least they are on the right track, with a more authentic tasting pizza, good price, good variety and a boon for parents with kids. No New Haven style yet but good compared to most of the mass produced pizzas.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: Believe it or Not.......... Sat, 02/21/04 12:12 PM (permalink)
            Sounds like a pretty small pizza for 12 bucks! But if it keeps the kids (and parents) happy you know they may have a winner then! Be nice if they (or one of the soon to be followers) designed one to fix in something like a 24" box to satisfy some of the more "Adult" group (i.e., college students)...

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
              RE: Believe it or Not.......... Sun, 02/22/04 9:44 AM (permalink)
              The marketing of this type of pizza appeals not only to the public @ large, but to a greater extent Pizza Hut's profit margin, et.al. More crust (bread) minus less toppings equals more profit. Simple as that. Also, has anyone heard stories about design of pizza pan used for this "pizza". I have heard from several reliable sources that design of same is very poor, causing numerous employee lacerations.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4481
                RE: Believe it or Not.......... Sun, 02/22/04 11:33 AM (permalink)
                I have to admit that I actually like Pizza Hut - well, more specifically, the Big New Yorker pizza. They use a different sauce on this pizza (or so I am told) and it's mighty tasty, big, and obtainable for 9-10 dollars at least in this area. I won't claim that it's anywhere near as good as a true NY pizza, having never even been to NYC and all, but just simply that I like it - a lot.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
                  RE: Believe it or Not.......... Mon, 02/23/04 10:33 AM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by clothier

quote:
                  Originally posted by Adjudicator

The marketing of this type of pizza appeals not only to the public @ large, but to a greater extent Pizza Hut's profit margin, et.al. More crust (bread) minus less toppings equals more profit. Simple as that. Also, has anyone heard stories about design of pizza pan used for this "pizza". I have heard from several reliable sources that design of same is very poor, causing numerous employee lacerations.

I'm confused. Isn't the whole point of marketing to appeal to the public at large AND to increase your profit margin? Isn't the whole point of being in business (whether it's pizza, clothing or ajudicating) to make as much money as you can?

Simple as that, yes?

Perhaps, I have seen far to many examples of quality suffering at the expense of those who deem their bottom line more important. There must be an equality of both. I don't think the Yum's Brand entity gives a rip about quality, but that is MY opinion.

Sushi_Girl

• Total Posts: 228
                    RE: Believe it or Not.......... Mon, 02/23/04 2:42 PM (permalink)
                    i like PH thin crust with anchovies, onions and mushrooms....all hail the little fishies

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com