Benson's in Boxford, MA

Author
salembrewer
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
2003/03/03 14:59:05 (permalink)

Benson's in Boxford, MA

When rambling in the North of Boston area on that great Sunday drive road named rte. 133 lies Benson's Ice Cream of Boxford, MA, a charming 30's area roadside stand. There in a whitewashed, black shuttered little house can be found a most satisfying place to get ice cream. The flavors are painted on wooden slats, and the interior is all art deco coolers and frappe machines. Fresh faced local kids jam as much ice cream as possible, and then some, into your choice of cone, (sugar cone, what else?). Flavors are New England classic, including Grapenut, Frozen Pudding (there's an oldie!) and occasionally a really nice Ginger. In the summer watch for strawberry and raspberry using fresh fruit from local Smolak's Farm, worth a visit in it's own right. Stop down the street at Paisley's vegetable stand and peruse their selection of perennials. Ask directions to Nason's Stone Farmhouse nearby for baked beans and chicken pies to take home.

2 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15335
    RE: Benson's in Boxford, MA 2003/03/05 09:21:50 (permalink)
    Nason's Stone Farmhouse is a whole story of it's own. Great folks and Super takehome stuff. We used to visit it often when we lived in the area. Worth a stop if you're North of Boston for a visit.
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Benson's in Boxford, MA 2006/01/23 17:15:23 (permalink)
    I know this is a real old post but I eat Ice cream about twice a year now and I'll tell you Bensons has the best straberry ice cream I've ever had. I urge anyone making the treck along Rt. 133 to or from Ipswich stop at Bensons you won't be dissapointed. Beware of the speed limit that strech of road highly enforced. Chow Jim
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1