Hot!Best BBQ Sauce?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
tdj_tx
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 136
RE: Best BBQ Sauce? 2014/04/28 20:31:29 (permalink)
Blues Hog Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce Clone
I wanted to try and make a clone recipe of this BBQ sauce because it's really hard find find here now. After a couple of attempts I think I have it down.
Ingredients:
1 c prepared yellow mustard (French's)
1/2 c honey
1/2 c ketchup
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1 tsp cane sugar
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp coarse black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/4 c water
1 drop vanilla extract

Here's how to make it.
http://www.youtube.com/wa...dpCvUxgjg&index=11
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18661
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4275
RE: Best BBQ Sauce? 2014/04/28 22:39:44 (permalink)
In spite of being competitors, the creator of Blues Hog BBQ Sauces, Bill Arnold and I have been mutual admirers for years.  After trading sauces on several occasions, our private joke was that our kids always liked the other guy's sauces better than their own Daddy's.

We used to see each other at The American Royal BBQ Cook-Off every year until recently.  I left my position as co-chairperson of the Barbecue Sauce Store, and Bill was battling cancer.  I'd still see his employees from time to time who told me Bill was still fighting the good fight, but it's been a while since I've laid eyes on him.  Haven't seen an obit, and nothing on their website, so I'm hoping Bill is still smokin' pigs and mixing up sauce.

Anyway, I too am a big fan of Blues Hog's Mustard Sauce, but the one that really sends me is their Tennessee Red vinegar based sauce.  It's sweeter than a typical North Carolina version, but has a really nice contrasting bite.  I use it on Pork, Chicken, and Beef, both as a marinade and as a mopping sauce.

Blue's Hog's Original Recipe is also a good pick for folks who like a sweeter, thicker, tomato based sauce.  The only one of their products that hasn't turned me on is their Raspberry Chipotle Sauce.  Some folks will really like it, but that combination of flavors leaves me cold.

That's all I got.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2014/04/29 02:35:28
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1