Best BBQ in Missouri?

Author
kopper
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/03/25 13:59:24 (permalink)

Best BBQ in Missouri?

Hands-down, it's Perry Foster's in Warrensburg!

Perry's Georgia-style BBQ is simply the best I've ever had in this state (and there are some GREAT BBQ joints in St. Louis & KC). Get the pulled-pork sandwich (HUGE) with sweet potato fries and baked beans! I understand he's a real character, too. Regularly in trouble with the law for drinking and brawling on Pine Street, regularly busted for cleanliness violations, etc. - but he makes the best damned barbecue in the state.

It's at the corner of Hwy. DD and Hwy. 13 (Main St.), on the south side of town. It's definitely worth the drive down if you're on the road between KC and STL!

4 Replies Related Threads

drsmoke02
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: Best BBQ in Missouri? 2006/03/25 14:13:38 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by kopper

Perry's Georgia-style BBQ is simply the best I've ever had in this state (and there are some GREAT BBQ joints in St. Louis & KC). Get the pulled-pork sandwich (HUGE) with sweet potato fries and baked beans! I understand he's a real character, too. Regularly in trouble with the law for drinking and brawling on Pine Street, regularly busted for cleanliness violations, etc. - but he makes the best damned barbecue in the state.

It's at the corner of Hwy. DD and Hwy. 13 (Main St.), on the south side of town. It's definitely worth the drive down if you're on the road between KC and STL!

Like I said in an earlier post "bbq owners tend to be a little over the top"
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Best BBQ in Missouri? 2006/03/26 21:51:56 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by drsmoke02

quote:

Like I said in an earlier post "bbq owners tend to be a little over the top"

We noticed.
    ram83160
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Best BBQ in Missouri? 2006/08/08 18:46:42 (permalink)
    I live in the area and the guy who owns the place is friends with Hank Jr.
    Extreme Glow
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 717
    RE: Best BBQ in Missouri? 2006/08/08 18:58:10 (permalink)
    quote:

Perry's Georgia-style BBQ is simply the best I've ever had in this state (and there are some GREAT BBQ joints in St. Louis & KC). ...

If there are some great BBQ joints in St. Louis, I'd like to hear about them.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1