Best Desserts

Author
LizzieR
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 92
2003/09/05 23:26:49 (permalink)

Best Desserts

The best place for dessert is the Bubble Room. It's a restaurant in Captiva Island, Florida and they used to have a place near Orlando. All their cakes are triple layers and fabulous. Check out the best red velvet cake ever there. I was lucky enough to get the recipe. Don't pass up this place.

7 Replies Related Threads

LizzieR
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 92
    RE: Best Desserts 2003/10/02 21:49:42 (permalink)
    doesn't anyone have a favorite place for dessert or even a recipe for a favorite one? Come on people, let's hear about them.
    Toni512
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Best Desserts 2004/02/15 14:32:12 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by LizzieR

The best place for dessert is the Bubble Room. It's a restaurant in Captiva Island, Florida and they used to have a place near Orlando. All their cakes are triple layers and fabulous. Check out the best red velvet cake ever there. I was lucky enough to get the recipe. Don't pass up this place.

I replied in another section, but am going to here also for hopes that you will get this request quickly! :)
    Can you share the recipe for this cake w/me?? I have gone crazy looking for it! My niece loves this cake from this restaurant, and I want to make the cake for her 18th B.Day. It's all she has talked about for months. Wanting the Bubble Rooms Red Velvet cake for her Birthday! I tried others and they don't compare..all too dry, not enough flavor, etc.
    I would SOOOO much appreciate it!
    Thank you!!!
    i95
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Best Desserts 2004/02/15 16:34:54 (permalink)
    While I've enjoyed a number of quite memorable desserts in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago and the like, the BEST I've ever had was Chef Dale Reitzer's (http://topchefs.chef2chef.net/recipes-2/reitzer/#Recipes) unbelievable Banana Creme Brulee at Richmond, Virginia's superb Acacia restaurant in that city's Carytown section. In 1999, Reitzer was named one of Food & Wine magazine's "Best New Chefs in America."

Judging by this dessert alone, well deserved !!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13565
    RE: Best Desserts 2004/02/15 18:03:38 (permalink)
    I have enjoyed the desserts at the "Bubble Room" on Captiva many times. I posted earlier on a request for where to eat in that region. The reports from the indiviual that had ask reported very favorable.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Deelite034
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Best Desserts 2004/03/07 08:31:30 (permalink)
    Hi...the Bubble Room's Red Velvet cake is my favorite cake!!! Could you please email me the recipe...Deelite034@aol.com I would be forever grateful : )[:)
    quote:
    Originally posted by LizzieR

tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Best Desserts 2004/03/07 08:54:29 (permalink)
    SO FAR--i'd have to rate bread puddings from at least 8 different places in NOLA as the best desserts i ever BOUGHT,(its all that wonderful bread that the local bakeries supply, that MUST be eaten quick because it get stale fast), However i too have a major love of red velvet cake and wish dearly that you would post that recipe.Please pleaseUsed to get one from a Baker in Bloomington Indiana that has since died before i got the recipe. As for my all time favorite----my grandmothers fig pudding! (recipe posted here somewhere}Simple--easy---rich---and sooooooo gooooood!!!
    KimChee43
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 382
    RE: Best Desserts 2004/03/07 12:02:54 (permalink)
    We've eaten at the Bubble Room a number of times. I've tried their desserts. I have the STRONG impression that their cakes aren't made "from scratch" at all, but rather come from just a regular old store-bought mix that's been doctored up a bit. I think there's a cookbook out there (can't remember its name) that deals with altering cake mixes and such. Maybe that cookbook would have what you're looking for. Good luck to you!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1