Best Fish & Chips in the World??

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10207
2014/03/06 15:08:34 (permalink)

Best Fish & Chips in the World??

Urbanspoon has taken a look at dining reviews across our major metros, and have compiled a list of top-rated dining spots you should visit the next time you have a craving for fish & chips. The following restaurants have been selected because diners have left positive reviews or comments about the fish & chips. Just find your city below and take a look.
KEEP IN MIND THE LIST IS COMPILED FROM MAJOR METRO AREAS AND NOT JOE'S FISH CAMPS IN BADBREATH AL.
Like any list, it's limited in scope and reach. They're not saying these are the ONLY places, but just those rated by consumers on their web site.
So, don't get your panties in a wad if your favorite place is not on here. Just blame Urbanspoon Diners!
http://www.urbanspoon.com/articles/12738-the-best-restaurants-for-fish-chips?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=US%20Newsletter%20Geo-Location&utm_campaign=March%20US%20Newsletter%201

4 Replies Related Threads

brisketboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1100
    Re:Best Fish & Chips in the World?? 2014/03/06 15:43:14 (permalink)
    That's quite the list and some of the photos look awesome. None of the places I've been to in the UK made the list but then hey, there are so darn many it would be impossible. There is one place I would like to mention because they do serve good fish and chips and that's Singleton's in Mayport.
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3744
    Re:Best Fish & Chips in the World?? 2014/03/07 00:57:59 (permalink)
    I can't say that I have been to a lot of the places on this list, but I have been to Go Fish in Vancouver, BC and The Frying Scotsman in Portland, OR and would give both places solid recommendations.

Go Fish is right on the water in Vancouver, just off the Granville Island Bridge. It is very scenic, and with scenery, one often has to sacrifice food quality. Not here. Everything is fried to order, which may take a few minutes, but is worth it. Should you find yourself in Vancouver, you could do far worse.

The Frying Scotsman is a food truck in Portland, located in one of the permanent truck "pods" that dot the city (9th and Alder). Among others, this is also where you would find the downtown location of Grilled Cheese Grill. The owner is an affable Scot, with whom I had the pleasure of chatting, as he wasn't busy on the particularly chilly day I visited this past fall. Again, everything is prepared fresh, right in full view. I thought the fish was a little greasy, but it's fish and chips, not tofu....it probably should be a little greasy. The chips were obviously fresh cut and fried to perfection. I enjoyed my visit and would happily go back again.
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5068
    Re:Best Fish & Chips in the World?? 2014/03/07 02:48:03 (permalink)
    This Greek owned London "chippy" makes The Best Fish and Chips In The World! They really are the best. Just ask any London cabbie. 
    http://www.seafresh-dining.com/index.html
    eruby
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 652
    Re:Best Fish & Chips in the World?? 2014/03/07 07:17:45 (permalink)
    We didn't like Fado all that much in Washington, DC.

Just outside of D.C. in Alexandria is Eamonn's.  That place was excellent.  Even had skate when we were there.

http://www.eamonnsdublinchipper.com/
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1