Best Mexican in the 4 state region.

Author
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5466
2014/04/02 13:14:40 (permalink)

Best Mexican in the 4 state region.

Md, Pa, Va & WVa probably more as well is Serrano Grill in Darkesville (Inwood/Martinsburg) WVa. I listed the other towns since Darkesville is very tiny, a mere speck on U.S. Rte 11.

Serrano grill is owned by Ramón(Ray) and Rita Serrano. Ray runs the place and I know him more so than Rita. He grew up in the L.A. area and is a fellow Californian which may be why I and the family likes his food so much.

His pork Carnitas are fantastic they marinate in a fruit and spice combo for at least 24 hours before being grilled. They are tender flavorful hunks of pork goodness. Served with homemade refried beans and Mexican style rice. Along with a dollop of sour cream and again homemade guacamole on a bed of rice. Your choice of corn or flour tortillas.

Carne Asada is great too my oldest says. I've had them in a burrito and really enjoyed them. The tamales are homemade and full of pork. For chili rellenos he uses Poblano chilies stuffed full of cheese battered and fried.

He keeps promising me menudo... One day I guess.

Burritos of many styles including shrimp or other seafood.

Homemade guacamole and salsa on freshly made tortilla chips, fantastic.

1 Reply Related Threads

brisketboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1117
    Re:Best Mexican in the 4 state region. 2014/04/02 13:40:53 (permalink)
    At one time there were several Serrano places here in Austin. I wonder if they are connected? From what I recall they were very good and had great margaritas. I think there may only be one left.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1