Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 31 to 60 of 161
leethebard

• Total Posts: 6075
RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Mon, 06/16/08 9:03 PM (permalink)
wow???!!!

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
    RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 06/17/08 7:15 AM (permalink)
    Jimmy John's near Philly on 202 makes a good pork roll sandwich.

Ev1L

• Total Posts: 80
      RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 06/19/08 1:08 AM (permalink)
      Having grown up in Jersey, I love Taylor Pork Roll.

There were some online sites selling it. Could someone please repost those perhaps for some of us New Englanders?

Thank you in advance.

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 06/19/08 7:30 AM (permalink)
        Check my comment above for links for ordering on line!!

fattybomatty

• Total Posts: 1017
          RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 06/19/08 8:33 AM (permalink)
          Ev1L there are tons of sites. Lee posted one here are some other

www.jerseyporkroll.com

www.porkrollxpress.com

www.caseporkrollstore.com

Or if you have family in the area have them ship some up

GNeedles59

• Total Posts: 594
            RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 06/19/08 9:21 AM (permalink)
            PB&PR, funky!

eatingteam

• Total Posts: 186
              RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Mon, 06/23/08 8:34 PM (permalink)
              try the PB and PR with a tall cold glass of milk...

Tony

fattybomatty

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 06/26/08 11:47 AM (permalink)
                Had a pork roll sandwich at the Stirling Hotel the other night and it was pretty good. Definitely cooked on a grill because you could taste it. I still prefer cahoots, but it is definitely worth eating at the Stirling Hotel

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 06/26/08 10:32 PM (permalink)
                  Been ordering mine almost every morning from a 7-11 type place called Jersey Farms locally here...two thick slices of pork roll.two eggs over easy,large slice of American melted on top...on a crisp seeded Kaiser roll...What a way to start a day!!!!!

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                    RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Mon, 06/30/08 9:58 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by fattybomatty

roossy is that deli owner from the NJ tri state area?

I get the feeling that they are.
                    I have to go by there tomorrow and will stop in and report back.
                    It is a little sandwich shop close to Coastal Carolina College here.
                    [url='http://www.bidonme.com/thesandwichclubcafe/thesandwichclubcafe.html']The Sandwich Club[/url]
                    Actually I just found their website.
                    They seem to be from Maryland.

Ciaoman

• Total Posts: 375
                      RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Mon, 06/30/08 10:32 PM (permalink)
                      Lived in northern NJ for about 9 years and got to love pork roll. There was an excellent bagel shop on Main Street in Boonton that made dynamite pork roll, egg and cheese sandwiches on their wonderful fresh bagels. And they always asked "saltpepperketchup?" Addictive! Breakfast sandwiches are great!

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 10:51 AM (permalink)
                        A bagel breakfast sandwich..nothing better!!!!!I'd hold the ketchup.however.

fattybomatty

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 10:57 AM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by leethebard

A bagel breakfast sandwich..nothing better!!!!!I'd hold the ketchup.however.

Oh you have to put the salt, pepper, and ketchup on it. Only way to eat it lee

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 1:21 PM (permalink)
                            I'm willing to give it a try...is just a little OK?

fattybomatty

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 1:24 PM (permalink)
                              ha...however you want it. Just make sure it's heinz ketchup

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 1:29 PM (permalink)
                                I have some homemade ketchup...I'll do without that HFCS!!!!!

MiamiDon

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 1:37 PM (permalink)
                                  LTB: If I had to describe pork roll to someone, I would say that it is Spam-flavored bologna. And yes, I've had Taylor pork roll; it's available in the local Publix supermarkets.

fattybomatty: I used to be a Heinz man, but I got clued-in to try Hunt's again. I think that one or both have changed their formulations over the years; I like Hunt's better now.

fattybomatty

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 2:07 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by MiamiDon

LTB: If I had to describe pork roll to someone, I would say that it is Spam-flavored bologna. And yes, I've had Taylor pork roll; it's available in the local Publix supermarkets.

fattybomatty: I used to be a Heinz man, but I got clued-in to try Hunt's again. I think that one or both have changed their formulations over the years; I like Hunt's better now.

Miamidon...I just can't bring myself to do the Hunt's. Tastes too sweet to me. Also, Lee knows what pork roll tastes like, but he just doesn't put ketchup on it apparently. Lee you prefer mustard on your pork roll?

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 3:45 PM (permalink)
                                      quote:
                                      Originally posted by fattybomatty

quote:

Miamidon...I just can't bring myself to do the Hunt's. Tastes too sweet to me. Also, Lee knows what pork roll tastes like, but he just doesn't put ketchup on it apparently. Lee you prefer mustard on your pork roll?

If anything a little mustard,maybe horseradish mustard...if it's a breakfast sandwich,just salt & pepper...

And I know we've been all through this, but spam is spiced ham...it's a cold cut lunchen meat...Taylor pork roll tastes totally different...someone out there PLEASE HELP EXPLAIN THIS!!!!!

essvee

• Total Posts: 425
                                        RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 3:59 PM (permalink)
                                        Best Pork roll sandwich is the KLOTER BURGER. Potato roll, hamburger, slice of pork roll, choice of cheese grilled up in backyard YUMMO

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 4:02 PM (permalink)
                                          I see what will be "klotted" with that!!!

fattybomatty

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/1/08 5:47 PM (permalink)
                                            quote:
                                            Originally posted by essvee

Best Pork roll sandwich is the KLOTER BURGER. Potato roll, hamburger, slice of pork roll, choice of cheese grilled up in backyard YUMMO

Essvee...I've heard that called a taylor burger before, but never Kloter. where did that name come from? And potato rolls are great for pork roll

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                                              RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Wed, 07/2/08 9:06 AM (permalink)
                                              I'm in Central FL & have a problem trying to prepare this sandwich. I've found a place that sells Taylor, but there's nothing like the hard roll to put it on! Having lived most of my life in the NYC area, one of the small things I miss most is that crusty hard roll sold in every little deli or coffee shop in the Tri-state area.

Also...shouldn't this be under the Breakfast forum?

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Wed, 07/2/08 9:11 AM (permalink)
                                                A pork roll sandwich is for anytime...by iself,it's a great lunch...and on the boardwalks,pork roll sandwiches are selling all day!!!!

fattybomatty

• Location: North Plainfield, NJ
                                                  RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Wed, 07/2/08 9:18 AM (permalink)
                                                  As lee said, Pork roll and cheese sandwiches are very popular as lunch items or a fast dinner item as well. I started off the thread asking about Just pork roll sandwiches not the pork roll egg and cheese. However you want to eat it, pork roll is great

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Wed, 07/2/08 10:12 AM (permalink)

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                                                      RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Sun, 07/6/08 9:31 AM (permalink)
                                                      Just made myself one for breakfast...Taylor, egg, cheese & Heinz on toast (the hard roll doesn't exist in this area of FL) & it was great!

GNeedles59

• Total Posts: 594
                                                        • Location: Union County, NJ
                                                        RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/8/08 10:02 AM (permalink)
                                                        I use toast when in a pinch as well, this is an acceptable substitute.

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3704
                                                          • Location: McKinney, TX
                                                          RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/8/08 10:09 AM (permalink)
                                                          quote:

Is "pork roll" what Pittsburghers know as "chopped ham"?

fattybomatty

• Location: North Plainfield, NJ
                                                            RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/8/08 10:55 AM (permalink)
                                                            metroplex it is not the same thing as chopped ham.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 31 to 60 of 161

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com