Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 61 to 90 of 161
leethebard

• Total Posts: 6080
RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/8/08 11:02 AM (permalink)
No...definitely NOT even close...NOTHING is just like Pork Roll...not chopped ham or even spiced ham(spam)!!!!

fattybomatty

• Total Posts: 1017
    RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Tue, 07/8/08 11:22 AM (permalink)
    I was actually surprised to see taylor pork roll at a supermarket in Maryland this past weekend. Didn't think they had it down there

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
      RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Wed, 07/9/08 12:50 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by fattybomatty

I was actually surprised to see taylor pork roll at a supermarket in Maryland this past weekend. Didn't think they had it down there

Did you see my post on page 1 about those people that own that sandwich shop, being from Maryland?....
      I wonder if they first lived in the Tri State Area, as you referred to it.

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Wed, 07/9/08 9:33 AM (permalink)
        Maybe pork roll love is starting to spread!!!!!!!!

GNeedles59

• Total Posts: 594
          RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Wed, 07/9/08 9:39 AM (permalink)
          Ok quick question...

When having a pork roll, egg, and cheese, how many eggs do you prefer?

I am going with two, but thats cause I am from the "more is better" school of thought..

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Wed, 07/9/08 9:54 AM (permalink)
            Two....Definitely!!!! and two thick slices of Porkroll with that cheese of choice...and on a crisp Kaiser seeded roll!!!!!

fattybomatty

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Wed, 07/9/08 11:34 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by roossy90

quote:
              Originally posted by fattybomatty

Did you see my post on page 1 about those people that own that sandwich shop, being from Maryland?....
              I wonder if they first lived in the Tri State Area, as you referred to it.

Rossy...I did remember about that, but I thought that place was an isolated incident and didn't realize it had made it into the supermarkets. haha. We made pork roll, maple sausage, hickory bacon, potato and egg sandwiches that morning. Talk about a monster sandwich.

Gneedles...2 eggs seems to be the standard. I see some places try to cheap out with the one though. I am not a fan

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
                RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 07/10/08 9:24 AM (permalink)
                For a breakfast sandwich I like Pork Roll egg and cheese on a toasted english muffin. For lunch pork roll and cheese on a kaiser roll, nothing on it, but with a PA Dutch birch beer on the side.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7745
                  RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Sun, 07/27/08 12:33 AM (permalink)
                  NJ is pork roll country!!

When I was a teen, my friend and I would make pork roll and grape jelly sandwiches on poppy seed rolls. Delicious, then. It sounds strange, years later.

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Sun, 07/27/08 1:29 AM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by CCinNJ

NJ is pork roll country!!

When I was a teen, my friend and I would make pork roll and grape jelly sandwiches on poppy seed rolls. Delicious, then. It sounds strange, years later.

Yes...it does sound strange...what no peanut butter with that?

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7745
                      RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Sun, 07/27/08 5:13 PM (permalink)
                      No peanut butter. That would have made it TOO strange! LOL

My Mom was not the best food shopper, or cook.

So we made due with what we found. We cooked the pork roll, with butter & teriyaki sauce. It was too salty, so we decided to put grape jelly on it. We were 15 years old, at the time. It is 25 years later, and we still talk about those sandwiches, every once in a while.

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Mon, 07/28/08 7:20 AM (permalink)
                        Well I guess one way to cut the salt is Jelly!!!!

fattybomatty

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Mon, 07/28/08 12:12 PM (permalink)
                          CC I think i'll stick with ketchup on my pork roll, but jelly would be interesting to try. Of course I don't think I'll go with the butter and teriyaki sauce. I could only imagine how salty that must have been

mattj

• Total Posts: 6
                            RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Sat, 08/16/08 11:13 AM (permalink)
                            love the pork roll egg and cheese..i do have some interesting stories about my travels and pork roll...in 1998 i traveled to Israel to visit a buddy who just finished serving in the Israeli Army. My buddy who grew up in Jersey truly is a pork roll egg and cheese diehard. I ordered 4 sandwiches form the Union Plaza Diner on route 22 in Union on my way to JFK airport...I wrapped them in paper towel then tin foil and finally put them in a plastic zip lock..needless to say only three made it to Israel, but upon arrival over 12 hrs later they were still quite tasty..Believe it or not it does not end there..About 3 months into my stay there, i was doing volunteer work on a kibbutz..we had a friend of our is jersey fedex us a package of pork roll and rye bread, since we like ours on toasted rye..we cooked up the sandwiches on the kibbutz, and yes i would say that is the first and only time pork roll was served on the kibbutz...

My favorite pork roll egg and cheese is either at the union plaze on toasted rye with ketchup salt and pepper, or at Burger Express which made an outstanding sandwich..thnaks for letting me share with you

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Sat, 08/16/08 11:17 AM (permalink)
                              Now that may be the furthest from Jersey pork roll has ever been consumed!!!

sgt-at-arms

• Total Posts: 54
                                RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Sat, 08/16/08 6:08 PM (permalink)
                                The diner that used to be Felix #9 on Rt 22 in Bridgewater makes a good pork roll, egg and cheese. I have to get to Cahoots, sounds like its good.

dannybotz

• Total Posts: 357
                                  RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Sat, 08/16/08 6:11 PM (permalink)
                                  Theres a new coffee shop / Texas weiner place on Talmedge Road in Edison Called Minna and Georges that serves up A dynamite Porkroll,egg, and cheese believe me guys i've eaten them EVERYWHERE and their's is really top notch

dannybotz

• Total Posts: 357
                                    RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Sat, 08/16/08 6:14 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by mattj
                                    [

My favorite pork roll egg and cheese is either at the union plaze on toasted rye with ketchup salt and pepper, or at Burger Express which made an outstanding sandwich..thnaks for letting me share with you

my wife and I recently made a late night run to Burger Express in Carteret for a PRC and It was a parking lot!!!!! what gives???

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                                      RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 08/21/08 5:56 PM (permalink)
                                      quote:
                                      Originally posted by mattj

we had a friend of our is jersey fedex us a package of pork roll and rye bread, since we like ours on toasted rye..we cooked up the sandwiches on the kibbutz, and yes i would say that is the first and only time pork roll was served on the kibbutz...

thnaks for letting me share with you

I would venture to say, that probably might have been the last also.

Welcome to Roadfood, Mattj!!!
                                      Don't be shy!

fattybomatty

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 08/21/08 6:08 PM (permalink)
                                        I really could use a good pork roll and cheese sandwich on a hard roll right about now. Cook it a little extra for me and I'm in heaven

MiamiDon

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 08/21/08 6:09 PM (permalink)
                                          quote:
                                          Originally posted by leethebard

I don't like ketchup on my breakfast sandwich,just salt and pepper...if I'm having a plain pork roll sandwich on a nice kaiser roll for a lunch, I'll add some deli mustard or even a little horseradish sauce....but never ketchup!

Lee, I saw this in a shop on Venice Beach.

fattybomatty

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 08/21/08 6:14 PM (permalink)
                                            MiamiDon...that's great. That is definitely me too. I LOVE ketchup!

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Thu, 08/21/08 9:27 PM (permalink)

fattybomatty

• Location: North Plainfield, NJ
                                                RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Fri, 08/22/08 10:23 AM (permalink)
                                                Lee,

you have to put ketchup on pork roll. There's no other way to eat it

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Fri, 08/22/08 2:43 PM (permalink)
                                                  I'm willing to try anything once...just seems to me when you put ketchup on anything..all you taste is the ketchup...it overpowers the food...now that's OK with cheap fries,they have no taste anyway...but with a nice porkroll sandwich?....Well,I'll give it a shot!!!

fattybomatty

• Location: North Plainfield, NJ
                                                    RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Fri, 08/22/08 2:45 PM (permalink)
                                                    Lee,

Ketchup in moderation my friend. Just put the same amount as you would mustard.

leethebard

RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Fri, 08/22/08 3:00 PM (permalink)
                                                      You're on!!!!

DPuro329

• Total Posts: 406
                                                        • Location: Londonderry, NH
                                                        RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Mon, 09/15/08 9:34 PM (permalink)
                                                        Hi guys,
                                                        Sorrento's Deli on business route 33 in Freehold makes a great pork roll sandwich. They are very generous with the slices. I prefer saltpepperNOketchup, but found it funny about the fast talking order takers, I never thought about it, but it's true. I guess when you're taking that many orders for breakfast sandwiches it just comes out quickly. I like kaiser rolls or bagels, but prefer mozzarella or provolone cheese instead of American.

Dave

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 788
                                                          • Location: Newark, DE
                                                          RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Mon, 09/15/08 10:03 PM (permalink)
                                                          On another site, I have touted Leidy's Pork Roll, available at Redners Markets in the Pennsylvania/ Maryland area. It is different than the Taylors product, in that it incorporates bacon, and the texture is softer. It makes a great sandwich,
                                                          I should note that I love both versions of the product,
                                                          I should also note that Leidy's went for $3.28 a pound last weekend, and, in these times, that is a consideration. If you are local, all leidys products are great value.
                                                          No ketchup required

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
                                                            • Location: Athens, GA
                                                            RE: Best Pork Roll (taylor ham) sandwich Mon, 09/15/08 10:23 PM (permalink)
                                                            Dearfolk,
                                                            Has anybody tried this stuff with livermush? Now THAT would be quite the combination, if you ask me.
                                                            Of course, a purist would sniff and say "Don't eat it that way. Dilutes the livermush."
                                                            Eternally Entrally, Ort. Carlton in Ever-Amazing Athens, Georgia.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 61 to 90 of 161

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com