Best casual cajun dining in Louisiana?

Author
Hepcat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 374
2003/11/14 18:32:22 (permalink)

Best casual cajun dining in Louisiana?

I'd like any suggestions forum members can provide on where the best cajun food can be found in the state of Louisiana, in a casual dining roadfood type of setting!

2 Replies Related Threads

Mayhaw Man
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 589
    RE: Best casual cajun dining in Louisiana? 2003/11/14 18:47:11 (permalink)
    Originally posted by Hepcat

I'd like any suggestions forum members can provide on where the best cajun food can be found in the state of Louisiana, in a casual dining roadfood type of setting!

There are lots. I reccomend you look back over some old posts but one more time.........

JOE'S DREYFUSS STORE may well be the single best dining spot in the state of Louisiana. Located just of Hwy 190 in Livonia, LA between Baton Rouge and Opelousas. You can't beat it. Period. I have eaten there a hundred times (really) and have never had a bad meal. Really well made food served at great priced in a cool place. (Google on it and you will see tons of satisfied and full customer testimonials)

I am going there with a bunch of Yankees for Wednesday lunch on a tour of Cajun Country. Join us. We've got plenty of room and you can stuff yourself and make some new foodie friends (these people are seriously into the food thing). We have seven meal stops planned in 16 hours of driving. In between stops at Konriko Rice Mills, Tabasco, and Patout's Sugar Mill in Patoutville
    Hepcat
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Best casual cajun dining in Louisiana? 2003/11/14 19:14:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    I reccomend you look back over some old posts but one more time.........

Actually, I did a search for cajun but I guess it was the wrong word!

Thanks for the tip on Joe's Dreyfuss Store though!

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1