Best of Boston

Author
salembrewer
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
2003/03/02 12:17:36 (permalink)

Best of Boston

You may find some other pies worthy of mention, however, to me after a lifelong pursuit of quality foods in general, I only talk about two. Santarpio's in East Boston, and the original Pizzeria Regina's on Thatcher St. in the North End. Both offer pizza roughly in the Neapolitan style, thin crust, psychotically hot oven to apply just the right amount of char. The toppings run the usual, but I urge you to keep it simple. Sausage is fresh homemade in house in both places, garlic, pepperoni, you get the drift. Both are extremely characterful places to eat, and offer classic and historical Boston experiences. Santarpio's also offers grilled BBQ lamb and steak tips, and sausage. When you're North of the city, try Bianchi's on Revere Beach, the oven has been running for over 50 years, and they also make their own sausage. Takeout only, but you can cross the street to the beach and eat your pie on a bench!

6 Replies Related Threads

Michael Stern
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1026
    RE: Best of Boston 2003/03/02 12:18:28 (permalink)
    Thumbs up to Santarpio's! Bianchi's sounds like it belongs on the must-eat list.
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2125
    RE: Best of Boston 2003/03/02 20:51:51 (permalink)
    Santarpio's is great, I also recommend Armando's in Cambridge for some decent NY style pizza. It reminds me of the pizza joints I grew up with in Long Island.
    mudbug
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 130
    RE: Best of Boston 2003/04/06 18:07:13 (permalink)
    I agree with both of your choices.Santarpio's and Pizzeria Regina are the best pies I've found in the greater Boston area.
    lvw
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 90
    RE: Best of Boston 2003/04/07 10:33:33 (permalink)
    There is a regular old run-of-the-mill pizza joint on Moody Street in Waltham, right across the street from Jordan's Furniture. It is nothing but your typical "house of pizza" type of place, but they make a really good pie. It's called Tara's Pizza. Thin-ish crust, right amount of sauce vs. cheese. It actually kinda reminds me of the pizza we used to get at the European in the North End. For a neighborhood pizza joint, it's pretty good.

Other than that, we have been unable to find adequate south/west suburban-Boston pizza.

Lisa
    bev1228
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Best of Boston 2003/04/24 13:45:27 (permalink)
    The BEST pizza south of Boston is at the Lynwood cafe, located in Randolph. The same family has been making it for over 40 years. It is well worth waiting for, as the wait can be up to 2 hours.
    ceejay
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Best of Boston 2003/10/24 22:17:21 (permalink)
    Used to live in Randolph and let me tell you it is a town with a variety of great pie!! Lynwood's definitely is legendary, they've been doing it so long. Good place to catch a Sox game, pound dollar beers and get great pie. Amvets has a little pizza place in it that makes excellent pie and their beers are cheap too. You can play 75 cent pool games while you wait for your pie. O'Donnell's has unreal pie also. Another favorite place to watch sports, chat with locals, drink cheap drafts and eat super pie!! And last but not least, Legends Cafe. Great environment, good pizza and cheap drafts. Try the Steak tips too, they're fabulous!! If you go across the street from Legends, you can get the best calzone you'll ever have at Sal's. It's a food of Love town!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1