Best of the Home Baked Pies.

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10329
2010/02/03 23:42:17 (permalink)

Best of the Home Baked Pies.

We all know that Grandma, Mom, You, or your Sig Other bakes the Best Pies ever.   What about those other places that bake and sell pies to the general public when you're to lazy to make your own pie  ??? Who do you think makes the Best Pies ( Besides Grandma et al) when you're too lazy to make one. We will accept Frozen Pies from the supermarket, but would prefer Mom & Pops. This thread was prompted by the Cake vs Pie Discusson/thread

2 Replies Related Threads

DawnT
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1286
    Re:Best of the Home Baked Pies. 2010/02/04 01:32:06 (permalink)
    Not much choices in store bought or bakery pies in this area. Both the Winn-Dixie and Publix chains dominate the market with Publix being marginally better. Both are pre-frozen. Acceptable over vendors such as Entemann's, but nothing great. Local bakeries cater to mostly a latin market and thier cakes are their forte. This past Thansgiving I got a dollar off coupon for a Mrs. Smith premium pie along with a store calendar coupon that knocked off another dollar and took a chance. This one surprised us. Not sure of the Smith brand name, but it was a rather heavy,deep dish apple pie. I haven't bought a frozen pie in over 20+ years. This one I'd buy again over a store bakery anytime at full price.
    lpatinga
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:Best of the Home Baked Pies. 2010/02/04 05:45:09 (permalink)
    Just Pies in the Columbus are good, and I'm very fond of the frozen Mrs. Wicks sugar Cream pie. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1