Best steak in the Desert

Author
sinkiller
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 57
2006/09/01 11:32:27 (permalink)

Best steak in the Desert

I recently had a Bone in Ribeye at Sullivans in Palm Desert Ca.

Evidently I have never had a real steak before, as this was soooo good I couldn't believe it.

When they served it , it looked burnt, when I cut into it, it was a perfect medium rare, incredibly tender, with flavor the likes of which, I've never tasted before.

They also had a fabulous Steak Tartar, and a simple wedge of Iceberg lettice, confetti tomato, with the best homemade Bluecheese dressing I've tasted on the salad.

I highly recommedd this restaurant if your in the Palm Springs area.

5 Replies Related Threads

ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Best steak in the Desert 2006/09/06 01:13:54 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by sinkiller

Evidently I have never had a real steak before, as this was soooo good I couldn't believe it.

When they served it , it looked burnt, when I cut into it, it was a perfect medium rare, incredibly tender, with flavor the likes of which, I've never tasted before.

They also had a fabulous Steak Tartar, and a simple wedge of Iceberg lettice, confetti tomato, with the best homemade Bluecheese dressing I've tasted on the salad.

ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Best steak in the Desert 2006/09/06 01:18:15 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by sinkiller

don't need to go all the way to Palm Desert for Sullivan's...
    guess what, it's yet another chain......(owned by the same corp. that owns the Lone Star). It IS good quality, I will agree with you.

I tried my nearest Sullivans last year. It is in King of Prussia, PA, in the parking lot of the huge K.O.P. mall.......(just west of Philly)

the crowd was a little too "business-like" for my taste, but I still was treated real nice and got great service. I was there for lunch once with my shorts on, and back for dinner another time. It was so loud and crowded in the restaurant for dinner, that I just felt more comfy at the bar.
    liked their homemade potato chips as well.

while in Palm Desert, I prefer going to L.G.'s prime steakhouse, cause I can't get that back east!!
    roadrash
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 231
    RE: Best steak in the Desert 2006/09/11 19:22:11 (permalink)
    I've eaten several times at the Sullivan's in Dallas. Very, very good. Not quite up to some of the other steakhouses like Del Frisco or Three Forks, but much better than, say, Outback.
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8496
    RE: Best steak in the Desert 2006/09/11 19:30:39 (permalink)
    bone-in ribeye is the BEST!I had one at the 5 O Clock club in Milwaukee and thought it the best cut of steak I have ever had..........
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Best steak in the Desert 2006/09/16 22:54:13 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by annpeeples

bone-in ribeye is the BEST!I had one at the 5 O Clock club in Milwaukee and thought it the best cut of steak I have ever had..........

I agree with you, 100% on the bone-in ribeye!

that is now my absolute favorite cut of meat!!!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1