Beware of Scam Email .............

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5066
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/25 19:52:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by jerseygirl127

how bout NIGERIA... that's where the loss prevention officer from my bank said that most of these type scams originate.. and get this-- it's the government of that country that is starting and keeping them going.. yes people-- a country with a government more corrupt than ours.. BUT seriously-- there's really not a lot that can be done to fight against these people other than NOT BUYING IN TO THEIR BS>....(am i allowed to say that on here??)
take heed................
and keep eating and writing about it.. that's MUCH more interesting then talking about scam artists..to me anyway...
jersey

Here's the official scoop on the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam(s):

http://www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml

familydok
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 234
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/26 11:11:11 (permalink)
I received a similiar email on the 23rd.
berndog
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 674
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/26 11:43:38 (permalink)
No problem. If she wants to send me lots of cash, in real US greenbacks (not the counterfeit kind), I would be glad to invest her money in the US. Lets see, maybe I could sponsor another crab cake festival with it.
redtressed
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1017
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/26 21:33:06 (permalink)
Excellent site for security and exploit issues:(And you don't have to be a geek to get the drift)

www.cexx.org

Route 11
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 755
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/27 18:16:31 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by zataar

quote:
Originally posted by fpczyz

One would have to be pretty dumb to fall for a scam like that................. but!!! Almost 46% of this country is falling for the biggest scam of all. John Kerry Thank God he will lose this election ..............
any one falling for the Kerry sacm please read this..................
http://www.kvnews.com/articles/2004/10/22/manwellercolumn/manwellercolumn.txt

Food and nasty politics = serious indigestion. Your comment belongs in the off topic forum if any where. Have a nice day.

Thanks, zataar!
zataar
  • Total Posts : 1440
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/27 21:06:17 (permalink)
No problem, Route 11, I just want this to be over....
TIPPY LEE
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 135
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/27 23:00:03 (permalink)
Thanx a million redtressed!!!...I just bookmarked that web-site you reccomended...Look's like alot of good anti-programs!...Thanks again....In Eastern Kentucky,...Hoping the "mad spammer" has stopped!...Tom B.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/27 23:30:14 (permalink)
Dear, Dear Folk,
Having had THREE of Matt's Abbey Ales (7.5%) tonight, I can assure you that my Tomato Repair Kit idea has been tabled. With good reason: finding the proper red thread, plus finding just the proper teeeeny little needle to do the job, may prove nearly impossible. Gasp.
Instead, I rely upon the always-infallible judgement of my late, lamented friend Jimmy Ellison, who suggested that everyone needs a SALAD BOILER at home.
Now... does anyone with even the remotest of machine shop skills have even the froggiest idea of how to make one?!?!? It was Jimmy's idea that if one wasn't using it for salad at the moment, that it could save on winter heating bills.
Um, just a thought... Jimmy style.
Forever Influenced, Ort. "Nyerk Nyerk" Carlton in Occasionally-Only-Too-Staid Athens, Georgia 30601.
Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/27 23:47:49 (permalink)
Ort: I once had an idea for a Boiler Hat to keep you warm, but that was in my salad days. So, perhaps it was a similar vessel? I have also had machine shop skills, but I do not know where I left them. This may be construed as welcome, only because I do not know where the machine is either, or what the heck it does or did, or if there was a ghost in it to boot. Or two boots,if you want to dance. And, inded, there is nothing like a good abbey ale to take you down the abbey lane, but just don't fall through a trappist door along the way.

Flatteringly, imitatingly from Western Mass.
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/27 23:48:42 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

Dear, Dear Folk,
Having had THREE of Matt's Abbey Ales (7.5%) tonight, I can assure you that my Tomato Repair Kit idea has been tabled. With good reason: finding the proper red thread, plus finding just the proper teeeeny little needle to do the job, may prove nearly impossible. Gasp.
Instead, I rely upon the always-infallible judgement of my late, lamented friend Jimmy Ellison, who suggested that everyone needs a SALAD BOILER at home.
Now... does anyone with even the remotest of machine shop skills have even the froggiest idea of how to make one?!?!? It was Jimmy's idea that if one wasn't using it for salad at the moment, that it could save on winter heating bills.
Forever Influenced, Ort. "Nyerk Nyerk" Carlton in Occasionally-Only-Too-Staid Athens, Georgia 30601.

Ort... I'm disappointed the Tomato Repair Kit has been tabled... I had high hopes of seeing this kit at the local wholesale nursery supply... I can imagine them ultra thin needles and red thread could be a problem, but was hoping you would overcome that obsticle... Luckily I only mentioned the idea to a few of my customers! Now I'll have to go back to instructing them on proper watering techniques... Oh well, thanks for raising my hopes anyways...

marberthenad
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 509
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/28 19:52:03 (permalink)
quote:

Dear, Dear Folk,

Are Matt Abey's ales widely available?
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/10/28 20:32:11 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by marberthenad

quote:

Marberthenad,
Unfortunately, no... only on draught at Copper Creek Brewing on East Washington Street here in Athens. It's good enough, though, that he could sell a lot of kegs of it, had he any way to produce them.
Maybe when Terrapin opens their Athens brewery, he can contract that out to them, or even go make it there. Georgia law does allow brewpubs to keg and sell off-premises (by working through an established distributor). I'll keep all y'all posted.
Recoveredly, Ort. Carlton in 30601-land.
P. S. He's also made a magnificent Oktoberfest (all gone) and an excellent India Pale Ale (also long drained) in the past few weeks. A good brewpub is really a thing of great joy for me to find; many of them seem to serve coloured and flavoured water that is only one notch above national-brand level. Copper Creek is one of the consistently best ones I've ever been to; I'm lucky indeed to live here, peoples.
redtressed
  • Total Posts : 1017
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/11/02 00:09:51 (permalink)
http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2004/commentary04110104.htm

How to scam the scammers
marberthenad
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 509
RE: Beware of Scam Email ............. 2004/11/06 13:06:12 (permalink)
gotta get to athens someday. if i am not mistaken, REM and b-52s are from there. maybe it's the beer!
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by marberthenad

quote:

Marberthenad,
Unfortunately, no... only on draught at Copper Creek Brewing on East Washington Street here in Athens. It's good enough, though, that he could sell a lot of kegs of it, had he any way to produce them.
Maybe when Terrapin opens their Athens brewery, he can contract that out to them, or even go make it there. Georgia law does allow brewpubs to keg and sell off-premises (by working through an established distributor). I'll keep all y'all posted.
Recoveredly, Ort. Carlton in 30601-land.
P. S. He's also made a magnificent Oktoberfest (all gone) and an excellent India Pale Ale (also long drained) in the past few weeks. A good brewpub is really a thing of great joy for me to find; many of them seem to serve coloured and flavoured water that is only one notch above national-brand level. Copper Creek is one of the consistently best ones I've ever been to; I'm lucky indeed to live here, peoples.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1