Big Ben at the Burger Bar in Roy, Utah

Author
Smitty in CT
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 23
2007/04/25 14:00:55 (permalink)

Big Ben at the Burger Bar in Roy, Utah

When I was stationed in the Air Force at Hill Air Force base, just outside of Ogden Utah there was a great hamburger place called the Burger Bar in Roy, Utah.

Their signature burger was the Big Ben, from my memory the burger was HUGE came with fries and was completely decadent (I know, Utah and decadent don't usually go together), I haven't been back in more than 10 years...

Anyone know if the place is still there (it was at the intersection of Riverdale Road) and if it is, are the burgers as good as I remember them??

Smitty

2 Replies Related Threads

krisbaker
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Big Ben at the Burger Bar in Roy, Utah 2007/11/11 17:58:19 (permalink)
    Yes, the Burger Bar is still there, right where you remember it being. They had a branch open in Layton for a few years, but it didn't do as well as the original location.

But....another reason many people shun the place (in Roy) is that a few years ago, they poisoned the birds who were begging for food in the parking lot. (Of course, they could have cleaned up the parking lot, but that's another issue.)

They'll never get a penny from many people in the area, due to their murdering of Utah's state bird.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15222
    RE: Big Ben at the Burger Bar in Roy, Utah 2008/01/06 19:18:26 (permalink)
    Killing Seagulls in Utah is not acceptable behavior. The significance of the gulls in the pioneer history makes harming them far more than an "animal cruelty" issue.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1