Big O - Pittsburgh

Author
ZekeTheCat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 129
2011/09/30 12:10:49 (permalink)

Big O - Pittsburgh

Is the Original Hot Dog shop (Big O ) in Pittsburgh still in operation ?
I may be in the Pittsburgh area next week and I want to clog my arteries a little on their dogs and fries.  Is traffic or parking any problem ?
Thanks for any info.
post edited by ZekeTheCat - 2011/09/30 12:13:50

3 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10390
    Re:Big O - Pittsburgh 2011/09/30 12:38:05 (permalink)
    ZTC-
    The O is absolutely still in business.  And the hot dogs and fries are as good as ever!  Parking isn't great, but you should still be able to find a spot on one of the nearby streets.  The only times that traffic has been real bad is for Pitt basketball games and they don't start for another month.  Enjoy!  And let us know how it was.

And don't forget to take the short walk over to Dave and Andy's for the best ice cream in the city!
    ZekeTheCat
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 129
    Re:Big O - Pittsburgh 2011/10/09 22:41:33 (permalink)
    Well I made a side trip to the 'O' last week while on a trip out to Hershey Pa. I had the combo special - 2 dogs, fries and a drink - (gulp-too much) $9.86 ! The hot dogs had a good flavor that I liked but I made the mistake of ordering well done dogs and they were tough and chewy which I didn't like- will order med cooked dogs the next time if I ever get there again. The fries were great and the place was kinda neat and cool - typical of college town eateries. Had to drive around awhile to park but eventually found a place and the traffic in Pittsburgh is rather unnerving at times ! All in all an enjoyable Roadtrip to another of the hot dog eateries featured on the PBS Hot Dog Program- I've been to 5 others featured on that program.

By the way I picked a package of some great tasting hot dogs in the Hershey/Harrisburg area - Kesslers Nittany Lions Franks - plump and juicy and great flavor- but not available here in Ohio unfortunately
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10324
    Re:Big O - Pittsburgh 2011/10/10 00:12:45 (permalink)
    ZekeTheCat
    By the way I picked a package of some great tasting hot dogs in the Hershey/Harrisburg area - Kesslers Nittany Lions Franks - plump and juicy and great flavor- but not available here in Ohio unfortunately

Kessler's are the Official Hot Dog served at Beaver Stadium. Pure happiness in Happy Valley!
    They'll ship them to you.
    http://www.kesslerfoods.com/index.html
    post edited by Foodbme - 2011/10/10 00:16:17
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1