The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Big Top in CT is BACK!

Edwaste

• Total Posts: 168
Big Top in CT is BACK! Sun, 08/15/04 9:50 PM (permalink)
During the 70's through the early 90's were burger joints called "Big Top Shoppes". One was located in Wesptort, Ct and another in the Westville Section of New Haven, CT. There may have been other locations.
The burgers were grilled on an open flame and had that great cook out flavor. Sadly they closed down long ago.
When we would pass by the location of the old New Haven shop we would always wish it would reopen. Big Top was the first choice of CT roadfood for my wife and I. Today, as we drove by, and our wish was answered. It's now called "Lou's Big Topp" with a subtext "Open Hearth Cooking". We were hungry, and did a U-turn right in.
We found out that this reincarnation of Big Top opened about 6 months ago.
Little is changed, the brick-work counters, the open flame smell, big juicy burgers with that grill-blackened taste.
What's new are bottles of Scotch Bonnet sauces, and a devilish red relish as condiments. The chili-cheese fries were delicous, using melted real slices of cheese, rather than cheese whiz.
Pulled pork, ribs and chicken are also on the menu, but it really comes down to the burgers.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com