Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant

Author
KenK
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 143
2011/06/15 18:20:14 (permalink)

Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant

For those of you that have tried his stand. Or those planning to come to Denver, just thought you would like to know, now there is a restaurant, in addition to his stand.

Biker Jim's Hot Dogs

13 Replies Related Threads

ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8498
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/15 18:53:05 (permalink)
    We know this man, and his food, well....
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13523
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/15 19:46:38 (permalink)
    I wish the Denver airport was not so far from Biker's location.  I would really like to try some of his sausages.  Probably the reindeer would be my first choice.

I wish I had met him before he became so busy.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/15 21:43:27 (permalink)
    After looking at the restaurant menu, all I can say is "Wow!".  I wish I was a lot closer to Colorado. 
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5092
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/16 00:09:06 (permalink)
    KenK

For those of you that have tried his stand. Or those planning to come to Denver, just thought you would like to know, now there is a restaurant, in addition to his stand.

Biker Jim's Hot Dogs

KenK
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/16 17:49:17 (permalink)
    MiamiDon

You are asking where to eat?

No, I was not, as I live in Denver.  I will admit that I did debate with myself as to where to post this. Either the Hot Dog forum, or this. But as I stated in my opening post, I decided to post it here,as a service, for those that might be visiting Denver this summer, and looking for a great roadfood experience. With the restaurant, not only are the hours more suitable for visitors, but now one can wash one of Jim's great offerings down with a beer.

There is a reason why I frequent this forum less and less. And posts such as yours are an example as to why.

The revised front page is what keeps me coming back. But I rarely check anything else out beyond that. Used to be I would check this particular forum on a daily basis. But I got tired to the sniping. There should be no call for that on a site such as this. IMO.

If I have mis-interpreted your question to me, Miami Don, please accept my apology. 

To Ann Peoples, you are a great and respected poster here. I did a search of the Roadfood forum for Biker Jim. And as you know, there as several posts about his carts. But I failed to see news of his opening up his restaurant, and that is why I posted this.  Glad to see you are a fan. If I overlooked that bit of news, as I say, I spend much less time here than in the past, I am apologize also for that, also

And to 6 Star.  You are the reason why I not only posted this with a link, but also why I put it on this forum.  Maybe some day, you will get a chance to visit our great city, and make it to Biker Jim's. 

Sorry, if I have offended anybody.  That was the farthest thing from my mind when I posted this.
    post edited by KenK - 2011/06/16 17:50:44
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/16 20:13:32 (permalink)
    Wasnt being snotty-applauding your posting of the news about Biker Jim(,thus the thumbs up) Biker Jim himself posted about his restaurant opening, and many accolades to him. One thing I hate about the internet is you cannot see a person's reaction, let alone read what they mean. Miamidon is our resident forum police-at his doing-and I simply ignore it-as should you.
    Anyway, was just trying to support what you posted, letting you( or anyone) know we support his new effort.

6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/16 20:36:08 (permalink)
    KenK:
    I have been to the Denver area before and enjoyed it very much, but the most recent time was about 25 years ago, when Biker Jim was probably just a pup.  Perhaps I will get back there again.
    WarmBeer
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 77
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/17 08:01:27 (permalink)
    ann peeples
     Miamidon is our resident forum police-at his doing-and I simply ignore it-as should you.

I find these posts offensive and rude, whether directed at me or someone else.  Ignoring rudeness only encourages it.  I realize being a moderator is a time consuming and thankless task, but that is no reason to be so succinct.  Besides, those posts do not even accomplish the intended purpose, which I presume is to guide people to post in the correct forum.  If one was truly trying to be helpful, something like "perhaps this thread would be more appropriate in forum X, as we try to keep this forum limited to comments or questions on where to eat".

Too many Internet forums devolve into a place for the same handful of regulars to chatter among themselves.  Outsiders are subtly or directly guided away or kept in their acceptable place, lurking.  I hope this is not such a place.
    ed
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/17 12:57:49 (permalink)
    Honey-I agree. But he IS NOT a moderator. Took it upon himself.
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/17 14:58:31 (permalink)
    Dont even pretend, my friend.You know what you are doing.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10425
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/17 15:58:24 (permalink)
    I have spent the past week or so driving around the Dakotas and just got to Denver this morning.  Cousin Johnny and I plan on eating at Biker Jim's restaurant tomorrow morning.  Full report to follow!
    KenK
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/17 17:34:38 (permalink)
    buffetbuster

I have spent the past week or so driving around the Dakotas and just got to Denver this morning.  Cousin Johnny and I plan on eating at Biker Jim's restaurant tomorrow morning.  Full report to follow!

Thank You Sir !  I always love your trip reports. But this is one I will be looking very much forward to.
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    Re:Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand in Denver, now has a Restaurant 2011/06/17 18:05:59 (permalink)
    Awesome! Looking forward to your report!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1