Bill Knapp's Au Gratin Potatoes--quite a nice adaptation.

Author
analei
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 541
2009/11/13 10:41:49 (permalink)

Bill Knapp's Au Gratin Potatoes--quite a nice adaptation.

This is not my recipe, but it goes credit to a fellow named Mark on his blog when I was search for the a recipe to closely replicate those DELICIOUS potatoes.

I did a search for their chocolate cake, but the results did not seem that good to me, so i never bothered.

Here is the recipe and it is quite good.

KNAPP'S AU GRATIN POTATOES

1 1/2 lbs Russet Potatoes
2 cps Milk
1/2 cp Butter
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cp Flour
1 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tsp instant Chicken Bullion granules
6 oz Velveeta Cheese

Night before, boil potatoes until easily pierced with fork, approx. 1/2 hour. Chill thoroughly. Next day, peel potatoes and cut into 1/2" cubes. Set aside. Melt Butter in a large sauce pan, add Salt and Flour and blend. Gradually stir in Milk and cook, stirring, till thickened. Add Paprika, Pepper, Bullion and Cheese. Cook, stirring, till cheese melts. Stir in Potatoes. Pour into greased casserole dish and bake, uncovered at 350 for about 1/2 hour, or until top start to get brown and bubbly.

Note: If you double this recipe, it fits nicely in a greased 9 x 13 pan. You can also divide this into individual cassolettes and bake, which is how Knapp's served it.

2 Replies Related Threads

EatingTheRoad
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1205
    Re:Bill Knapp's Au Gratin Potatoes--quite a nice adaptation. 2009/11/13 11:13:03 (permalink)
    Thanks for the recipe. Au Gratin Potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes. I like them let them sit in the oven a few minutes extra under Broil so as to make them crispy on top...and creamy still on the bottom....mmmmm. If you're making these this weekend take some pictures, will ya?
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    Re:Bill Knapp's Au Gratin Potatoes--quite a nice adaptation. 2009/11/13 11:18:40 (permalink)
    Looks good! I love Au Gratin potatoes! Made them last year with gouda and fontina cheeses. Very creamy.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1