LockedBin Laden Killed

Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18255
2011/05/01 23:29:38 (permalink)

Bin Laden Killed

This is not lighter fare. According to ABC News Osama Bin Laden has been killed in an attack, and the United States has his body and DNA confirms it is him.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-killed/story?id=13505703

The Associated Press says the same thing:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2011/05/01 23:33:25

15 Replies Related Threads

6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/01 23:53:50 (permalink)
    The President just officially announced this.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10074
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 00:12:27 (permalink)
    Michael,
    Earlier you said you had a happy day. Did you have a premonition?
    MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5406
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 00:12:55 (permalink)
    9+ years later, it's about time. Now for the riots and retaliation in the middle east. :(

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 00:30:44 (permalink)
    Foodbme

Michael,
    Earlier you said you had a happy day. Did you have a premonition?

No, but it sure adds to it.
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4512
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 05:07:22 (permalink)
    How did Michael put it, "Oh Happy Day!".
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13475
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 06:55:12 (permalink)
    How many thousands of years have those folks been fighting?  This one guy is taken out and there are probably thousands that will take his place.  I question whether this issue will ever be resolved. 

I think that it was a good idea to bury the guy at sea.  At least that will prevent or partially prevent some public demonstrations.

I have several friends that are Muslim's and they do not in any way support the activity that has been a issue with the USA for better than ten years.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN 
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3710
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 08:02:51 (permalink)
    My son woke me at 5 AM  this morning and asked me if I wanted to hear some great news!  I could not believe when he told me.  This will make today a happy day for me!

And my grateful thanks to the brave military personal   who carried this off so well.
    Hot Dog Empire
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 177
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 08:55:55 (permalink)
    As a prior service member, I don't wish to dampen everyone's joy but - I have my suspicions as to his death.  I find it odd they they claimed to have used DNA to confirm the body but, DNA is not a test carried out in a field snap vial.  They also buried him at sea very quickly "in accordance with Islamic customs" as one article states.

When Hussein was captured, they paraded him around for all to see. When other high ranking members of Bin Laden's organization were killed or captured, they paraded them around as well. Now that the #1 person on the list is reported to be dead, they whisk him off and even allow him the courtesy of being buried in accordance with his faith?? What??" />

Im not a conspiracy person but - I do believe that it didnt happen as stated. Curiously, I am also reading reports of wall street's increased confidence and  talk of lower oil prices as well. It is my belief that this is nothing more than another cog in the political machine of our Leader.  I think someone wants to have that notch on their belt as part of their legacy, as the clock starts running out.
    Earl of Sandwich
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 600
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 09:22:12 (permalink)
    The war with terrorism is not over by any means but I am very glad to see OBL finally get what he deserved.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13475
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 10:25:09 (permalink)
    Hot Dog Empire

As a prior service member, I don't wish to dampen everyone's joy but - I have my suspicions as to his death.  I find it odd they they claimed to have used DNA to confirm the body but, DNA is not a test carried out in a field snap vial.  They also buried him at sea very quickly "in accordance with Islamic customs" as one article states.

When Hussein was captured, they paraded him around for all to see. When other high ranking members of Bin Laden's organization were killed or captured, they paraded them around as well. Now that the #1 person on the list is reported to be dead, they whisk him off and even allow him the courtesy of being buried in accordance with his faith?? What??" />

Im not a conspiracy person but - I do believe that it didnt happen as stated. Curiously, I am also reading reports of wall street's increased confidence and  talk of lower oil prices as well. It is my belief that this is nothing more than another cog in the political machine of our Leader.  I think someone wants to have that notch on their belt as part of their legacy, as the clock starts running out.

Perhaps there is another way at looking at the situation:
    1:  They did not want a burial site to make a martyr out of the man
    2:  To dispose of him immediately could possibly decrease public demonstrations
    3:  There are way too many folks involved that a secret like that could not occur
    4:  Forensics will validate one way or the other
    5:  I am certain that there were many photos taken of the event.
    6:  The Navy Seals are a very tough elite group.

I think they got him.  What happens after this remains to be seen.  The death of OBL will not stop the terrorism.  The residence where he was staying was a fortress.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 10:37:45 (permalink)
    Hot Dog Empire

-

I hope you do at least consider the possibility that this may have been done in the hopes of minimizing a Muslim backlash.  Another factor that most likely came into play, was by doing this immediately, it eliminates the necessity for a 24/7 armed guard guarding his body until such time as he would be buried.  I think any reasonable person would consider that this was the most intelligent way that this whole situation could have been handled.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 10:47:08 (permalink)
    Hot Dog Empire

He was buried in accordance with his faith.

From The Associated Press:
    After bin Laden was killed in a raid by U.S. forces in Pakistan, senior administration officials said the body would be handled according to Islamic practice and tradition. That practice calls for the body to be buried within 24 hours, the official said. Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the U.S. decided to bury him at sea.

WarToad
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1838
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 11:36:36 (permalink)
    I don't thrill in a mans death, but "live by the sword, die by the sword."  Good riddence to bad rubbish.

And as for conspiracy theory - Why lie about something like this?  With an entire year+ before elections, Obama has nothing to gain, and an election to lose by lying.  Osama pops up again and the election is tanked.

Also this would require the Navy SEALs, and SEAL/Navy command at it's highest level also lying.  A complete violation of oath in support for an Administration they don't have much love for.  I just don't see it happening.
    post edited by WarToad - 2011/05/02 11:40:56
    Hot Dog Empire
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 177
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 11:47:00 (permalink)
    6star
      I hope you do at least consider the possibility that this may have been done in the hopes of minimizing a Muslim backlash.  Another factor that most likely came into play, was by doing this immediately, it eliminates the necessity for a 24/7 armed guard guarding his body until such time as he would be buried.  I think any reasonable person would consider that this was the most intelligent way that this whole situation could have been handled.

Just because I dont subscribe to your philosophy, it's certainly not indicative of my level of intelligence. Those type of statements are made by people who are not sound in their own position and resent another view that is contrary.

I am not convinced that he's dead, I think he's held prisoner somewhere. What better way to dismantle the remaining cells, then with inside information. CIA,Military have drugs and methods that are not known to the general public - for extracting intel.  I have no doubt that a mission was conducted and I am certainly not calling into question the skill or integrity of the seals, as some have suggested. I find it curious that the Seals can perform a head-shot on a pirate in a bobbing boat at sea, but choose not to take a shoulder, hip or leg shot on Osama? Then a quick burial according to his faith? WHY would we accomodate that??

This will be my last post in this thread as I have apparently offended some by questioning the Gov't and not blindly following along. Having prior knowledge of operations and damage/media control - I pick up on things.

Regardless of where you stand, he's done.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6171
    Re:Bin Laden Killed 2011/05/02 11:56:37 (permalink)
    He got shot in the head, nothing much to parade around. I hope they sewed him up in a pigskin, and dropped him weighted down, face down not facing mecca.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1