Black Bear Diner - Redmond WA

Author
Markus
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2007/09/16 16:48:14 (permalink)

Black Bear Diner - Redmond WA

I did not think it possible to find worse service than at a Shari's or especially a Denny's, but apparently, the staff at the Redmond Black Bear Diner want the award for worst. They have my vote, to include the food preperation (of course, undercooked hash browns, and over easy eggs delivered with all the yolks broken doesn't exactly qualify as "preperation.")

At first I thought the poor service an anomoly, but after three visits, sitting in three completely different sections, with each experience worse than the previous, my vote is to either eat at home, or brave the Denny's right up the street (which the one time I visited saw it have exponentially better service...same Denny's food, but experience was overall better than this BB diner).

AVOID this place.

Markus

3 Replies Related Threads

desertdog
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1946
    RE: Black Bear Diner - Redmond WA 2007/09/17 19:51:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Markus

I did not think it possible to find worse service than at a Shari's or especially a Denny's, but apparently, the staff at the Redmond Black Bear Diner want the award for worst. They have my vote, to include the food preperation (of course, undercooked hash browns, and over easy eggs delivered with all the yolks broken doesn't exactly qualify as "preperation.")

At first I thought the poor service an anomoly, but after three visits, sitting in three completely different sections, with each experience worse than the previous, my vote is to either eat at home, or brave the Denny's right up the street (which the one time I visited saw it have exponentially better service...same Denny's food, but experience was overall better than this BB diner).

AVOID this place.

Markus

My experiences with the Black Bear Diner's here in Phoenix have been overall positive ones.

I always find it interesting that someone will have a bad meal/experience at a restaurant and not say anything to the Manager.

It is the Manager's job to ensure the quality of the restaurant from top to bottom, and they need the feedback from the customer in order to catch things they can't always see.

You don't have to eat there again if you didn't like the place, but at least give the manager in charge the courtesy of making him/her aware of the issue(s) and allow them to correct the deficiency first.

I would definitely do this if I lived in an area of limited choices, which seems to be your case.

DD

P.S. Since this is your first post on this forum, it makes me wonder if you may have a personal reason for ripping the place, something we see far too often on this site. I hope not.

Ciaoman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 375
    RE: Black Bear Diner - Redmond WA 2007/09/17 20:24:45 (permalink)
    Welcome aboard, Markus!

Although I've never eaten in a Black Bear Diner (a chain, I'm guessing?), I have eaten at places that left me wondering why I just didn't stay home and cook for myself. Kudo's for you for going back 3 times--that's patience! Most folks might just stay away after being served eggs over easy with broken yolks. Although mistakes happen, any reputable joint would trash the broken yolkers and cook you a new batch. For example, I've seen that happen at a local diner and at a Waffle House.

I also agree with Desertdog's comments about making sure to pass along negative (and positive) feedback to management. At the very least, you'll let them know that you expect better.
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Black Bear Diner - Redmond WA 2007/09/17 21:39:51 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear of your bad experiences. Welcome to Roadfood.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1