The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Black Taco

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 42
CheeseburgerChet

• Total Posts: 25
Black Taco Sat, 10/17/09 12:39 AM (permalink)
Has anyone tried one yet? How good are they? I may go to Taco Bell this weekend.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7596
    Re:Black Taco Sat, 10/17/09 1:57 PM (permalink)
    Tried it while my car's oil was being changed.

I don't mind TB's regular Crunchy Tacos for a snack.  They're not good, they're just okay.

The Black Taco is similar but inside consistency turned me off.  They added sour cream which was nasty.  The black shell was kind of overly dry.

If I have to eat TB's tacos I'll stick to the regular type.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4715
      Re:Black Taco Sat, 10/17/09 2:03 PM (permalink)
      mar52

Tried it while my car's oil was being changed.

Did you have that done at the KFC next door?

I don't know if I'll ever try one, but I do like the TV commercial.  It's not nearly as annoying as TB's usual "slacker/dude" advertisements.

Brad

CheeseburgerChet

• Total Posts: 25
        Re:Black Taco Sat, 10/17/09 2:15 PM (permalink)
        I have noticed a great deal of negativity/sarcasm on this fast food topic. Some of us do enjoy fast food, suggestion why don't you take your holier-than-though attitude to the surf-n-turf forum? Please don't insult the rest of us that enjoy this type of dining. Thank you

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
          Re:Black Taco Sat, 10/17/09 4:35 PM (permalink)
          CheeseburgerChet

I have noticed a great deal of negativity/sarcasm on this fast food topic. Some of us do enjoy fast food, suggestion why don't you take your holier-than-though attitude to the surf-n-turf forum? Please don't insult the rest of us that enjoy this type of dining. Thank you

Take it easy guy---after all it IS "Roadfood.com" not "Fast food.com"---thick skins--please!

RC51Mike

• Total Posts: 443
            Re:Black Taco Sat, 10/17/09 4:59 PM (permalink)
            I have to say, Taco Bell sure knows it's market.  Put some black food coloring in the taco shell recipe, add something that can loosely be called "pepperjack cheese" and low and behold, a buzz is started by patrons who somehow believe it is new and different.

Someone on Chowhound reminded me of The Onion headline, "Taco Bell's Five Ingredients Combined in Totally New Way."

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
              Re:Black Taco Sat, 10/17/09 5:32 PM (permalink)
              tiki

CheeseburgerChet

Take it easy guy---after all it IS "Roadfood.com" not "Fast food.com"---thick skins--please!

But,  his post is in the "Fast Food Franchises & Non-Roadfood Chains " thread?

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                Re:Black Taco Sat, 10/17/09 11:52 PM (permalink)
                John A

tiki

CheeseburgerChet

But,  his post is in the "Fast Food Franchises & Non-Roadfood Chains " thread?

I know---the fast food forum at ROADFOOD---trust me--we will NEVER get rid of the feelings against fast food joints here at roadfood--we all know that opinions are like #**)%*#&--we all have one--ESPECIALLY here! To survive here--one really needs a thick skin and a LOVE of food.

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1503
                  Re:Black Taco Sun, 10/18/09 12:39 AM (permalink)
                  I have been to Taco Bell once, or maybe twice.

But, I like the commercial. All that's missing is Keanu Reeves from "The Matrix," also dressed in black.

So, I will go to Taco Bell and have one.

I'm sure that's the sensible thing to do.

The Bear

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6080
                    Re:Black Taco Sun, 10/18/09 8:10 AM (permalink)
                    I'll give one a try.....

phatphil

• Total Posts: 668
                      Re:Black Taco Sun, 10/18/09 10:51 AM (permalink)
                      it may just be my opinion and i do hit the drive thru once in a while but everything they serve seems to taste the same

MiamiDon

Re:Black Taco Sun, 10/18/09 3:41 PM (permalink)
                        Nothing is very good there, so I imagine this new "invention" will be the same.

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
                          Re:Black Taco Sun, 10/18/09 4:30 PM (permalink)
                          CheeseburgerChet

Did I miss something?  Were there other posts between the above and the first post?

Tony Bad

Re:Black Taco Sun, 10/18/09 5:36 PM (permalink)
                            saps

CheeseburgerChet

Did I miss something?  Were there other posts between the above and the first post?

No you didn't miss anything...just another case of people criticizing intolerance by being intolerant.

MiamiDon

Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 8:10 AM (permalink)
                              CheeseburgerChet

Get over it.  This is Roadfood.com, and this section was created to stop posts about inferior, corporate, franchised restaurants from polluting the real Roadfood sections.  It's sort of like the dumpster out back of a restaurant.  Necessary, but not something to celebrate. 

It's not fast-food that is criticized here, just bad fast food.  Plenty of wonderful tacos, burgers, franks, etc. are served fast at great roadside joints all over America, and are praised in the official restaurant reviews.

Captain Howdy

• Total Posts: 59
                                Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 8:20 AM (permalink)
                                MiamiDon

CheeseburgerChet

Get over it.  This is Roadfood.com, and this section was created to stop posts about inferior, corporate, franchised restaurants from polluting the real Roadfood sections.  It's sort of like the dumpster out back of a restaurant.  Necessary, but not something to celebrate. 

It's not fast-food that is criticized here, just bad fast food.  Plenty of wonderful tacos, burgers, franks, etc. are served fast at great roadside joints all over America, and are praised in the official restaurant reviews.

Couldn't have said it any better myself! 

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                                  Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 10:16 AM (permalink)
                                  who are you talking to?
                                  (hey! what happened to the post I responded to?) :)
                                  <message edited by bill voss on Mon, 10/19/09 11:31 AM>

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                                    Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 10:20 AM (permalink)
                                    I do not think much of TB since their chihuahua bit the dust.

But I love White Castle hamburgers.

saps

Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 11:25 AM (permalink)
                                      That chihuahua owed me money.

NYPIzzaNut

Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 12:11 PM (permalink)
                                        Their chalupas weren't bad.  Especially when first introed at 99 cents.
                                        <message edited by NYPIzzaNut on Mon, 10/19/09 1:02 PM>

Captain Howdy

• Total Posts: 59
                                          Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 12:57 PM (permalink)
                                          NYPIzzaNut

I do not think much of TB since their chihuahua bit the dust.

But I love White Castle hamburgers.

Yes, White Castle is the exception that proves the rule, evidently.  As I've indicated elsewhere, there double cheeseburgers and onion chips, in particular, are above reproach.

As far as TB is concerned, I do sometimes still get a hankering for their Mexican pizzas, but, alas, they're not the same since they eliminated the scallions.

NYPIzzaNut

Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 1:01 PM (permalink)
                                            What is your favorite pizzeria in Cincinnayton?

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                                              Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 1:54 PM (permalink)
                                              I think they should've gone Blue, instead of Black. As in natural blue corn chips that are all the rage - or WERE all the rage. Ya know, the organic blue chip phase/craze - that's still a money maker today.

So, my question: why black?

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                                                Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 2:04 PM (permalink)
                                                Blue Jack makes no sense. You are forgetting the jack cheese component.

Scorereader

Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 5:31 PM (permalink)
                                                  but, a black taco shell is just wrong.

why not do red? or green? i.e. hot pepper, red pepper, or green pepper.  Heck Christmas is coming. And they are both colors in the mexican flag. It's infinately a better idea than unnatural black tacos.

A Mexican Flag Combo meal:  A Green Taco, a "white" taco (regular) and a Red Taco.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
                                                    Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 7:39 PM (permalink)
                                                    Scorereader

why not do red? or green? i.e. hot pepper, red pepper, or green pepper.  Heck Christmas is coming. And they are both colors in the mexican flag. It's infinately a better idea than unnatural black tacos.

A Mexican Flag Combo meal:  A Green Taco, a "white" taco (regular) and a Red Taco.

A green taco would likely be a hit at the Gore Mansion. And a Red taco would really fit in at the White House.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7596
                                                      • Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                      Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 8:10 PM (permalink)
                                                      That was Jack Cheese?  I would swear it was sour cream.

ACK!

Back when I was a child I loved their Bell Burgers and would eat them again today if they brought them back.

Then again I might realize what a mistake I was making.

saps

Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 8:44 PM (permalink)
                                                        The Black Taco was a movie in the 1970's starring Fred "The Hammer" Williamson.  Jack Cheese was his sidekick, and Foxy Brown was his girlfriend.

Scorereader

• Location: Crofton, MD
                                                          Re:Black Taco Mon, 10/19/09 8:46 PM (permalink)
                                                          Michael Hoffman

Scorereader

A green taco would likely be a hit at the Gore Mansion. And a Red taco would really fit in at the White House.

Exactly: "Go Green!" Much better than black.

That's true too. near election they could do Blue Tacos, usinf blue corn, and red tacos using red or hot pepper theme for red v. blue. It could be like you were voting, they could keep track and cash in on a;; that negative blue v red stuff.

again, infinately better than black.
                                                          Go Green, though, that's awesome. good thinking Michael!

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
                                                            • Location: Syracuse, NY
                                                            Re:Black Taco Tue, 10/20/09 1:41 PM (permalink)
                                                            I wonder how TB's "sour cream" can be classified as sour cream. It is, as mar52 stated, nasty.

I do enjoy a couple soft tacos from there every now and again when I'm in a hurry and a TB is on my way.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 42

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com