Bloody Mary Mix

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15286
  • Joined: 2002/08/20 22:32:00
  • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 14:32:37 (permalink)

I am not sure what mix they use, but I can tell you that letting those pepperoni sliced soak in the drink for a few minutes sure boosted the flavor of the whole thing.


This is the Bloody Mary as served at Rocky's Italian Grill on the Ohio Riverfront across fropm Louisville! This is the best version of the drink I can recall ever enjoying!
#31
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
  • Joined: 2006/09/08 07:12:00
  • Location: Miami, FL
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 14:39:29 (permalink)
Your mayorness, that does look like a good idea, although if I were making it I think I would go for a black olive (kind of sounds like a black olive and pepperoni pizza).

What were you eating there with the bloody mary?
#32
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
  • Joined: 2005/11/29 11:01:00
  • Location: South FL
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 15:54:20 (permalink)
How about using it in a pot roast? I used to like the pot roast at a local deli. The waitress told me that they used a bloody mary mix in theirs. I've been putting it mine since with a can of diced tomatoes.
#33
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15286
  • Joined: 2002/08/20 22:32:00
  • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 16:27:27 (permalink)
Don,
That photo came from our visit with Traveling Man in late June, when he was finishing up his Baseball Tour. We ordered an appetizer sampler with Artichoke Fritters and Batter/fried Olives. They were quite compatible with the Bloody Mary that afternoon.

#34
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
  • Joined: 2007/11/22 17:02:00
  • Location: Emmitsburg, Md.
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 17:33:38 (permalink)
Looks incredible, a pepperoncini in there would add a good zing!
#35
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13510
  • Joined: 2001/07/18 14:10:00
  • Location: Knoxville, TN,
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 17:37:08 (permalink)
A favorite restaurant of mine which is now closed in NOLA added pickeled okra and a small slice of pickeled garlic.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
#36
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
  • Joined: 2006/09/08 07:12:00
  • Location: Miami, FL
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 17:46:32 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Don,
We ordered an appetizer sampler with Artichoke Fritters and Batter/fried Olives. They were quite compatible with the Bloody Mary that afternoon.


I don't get around as much as TTM, et al, so I've never heard of Artichoke Fritters and Batter-fried Olives. They sound wonderful.
#37
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2257
  • Joined: 2007/11/28 14:42:00
  • Location: Xenia
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 18:01:08 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MiamiDon

quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Don,
We ordered an appetizer sampler with Artichoke Fritters and Batter/fried Olives. They were quite compatible with the Bloody Mary that afternoon.


I don't get around as much as TTM, et al, so I've never heard of Artichoke Fritters and Batter-fried Olives. They sound wonderful.


Here is the recipe I use MiamiDon.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5599184

Enjoy ...Russ
#38
RedJim64
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Joined: 2005/08/27 15:22:00
  • Location: Detroit, MI
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 18:05:52 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Robearjr

The problem with all of these recipes is that they are all lacking "Old Bay".


Indeed! Old Bay goes into the ones we brew!
#39
RedJim64
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Joined: 2005/08/27 15:22:00
  • Location: Detroit, MI
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 18:06:55 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty246

"Zing Zang" is the best I've ever had.

http://zingzangcom.easystorecreator.com/


That's our preferred mix also.
#40
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15286
  • Joined: 2002/08/20 22:32:00
  • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/08/31 19:34:38 (permalink)
Russ,

Thanks for posting the article about the Fried (Green) Olives. That's exactly what we enjoyed so much.

The Artichoke Fritters can best be described as Hush-Puppy like with a LOT of pieces of chopped up Artichoke Heart (and Onion)mixed into the dough. While their was some 'binder', the majority of the snack was Artichoke Heart and Onion/Red Pepper pieces. If you look at them in the Photo you'll notice the shape is controlled by the Artichoke pieces.

Probably as healthy as a Blooming Onion, but a nice snack anyway.
#41
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3154
  • Joined: 2001/03/31 23:43:00
  • Location: Milwaukee, WI
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/01 20:54:40 (permalink)
The recent Harley 105th Anniversary in Milwaukee found quite a few bikers finding their way to the relatively hidden Sobelman's for their locally famous Bloody Mary.



At home I either use either Snappy Tom or Sacramento and add ice, vodka or sometimes tequila, Lea and Perrins, Spice House Old English Prime Rib Rub, a sort of kicked up celery salt, home made horseradish, key lime juice and my home made jalapeño hot sauce (It's a dead ringer for Tabasco Jalapeño) and topped with home canned dill pickle, dilly bean, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, onion and green cherry tomato. I leave the celery, olives, shrimp and Slim Jim out for when we go to Sobelman's.
#42
porkbeaks
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2216
  • Joined: 2005/05/06 09:05:00
  • Location: Hoschton/Braselton, GA
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/01 21:10:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MilwFoodlovers



........ topped with home canned dill pickle, dilly bean, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, onion and green cherry tomato. I leave the celery, olives, shrimp and Slim Jim out for when we go to Sobelman's.


I'd love to see the look on Mr. Hoffman's face if a bartender served a bloody Mary that looked like that. b
#43
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3154
  • Joined: 2001/03/31 23:43:00
  • Location: Milwaukee, WI
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/01 21:39:07 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by porkbeaks

quote:
Originally posted by MilwFoodlovers



........ topped with home canned dill pickle, dilly bean, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, onion and green cherry tomato. I leave the celery, olives, shrimp and Slim Jim out for when we go to Sobelman's.


I'd love to see the look on Mr. Hoffman's face if a bartender served a bloody Mary that looked like that. b
Oh, I'm sure he'd approve. After all, nothing is boiled or sullied with ketchup/catsup!
#44
porkbeaks
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2216
  • Joined: 2005/05/06 09:05:00
  • Location: Hoschton/Braselton, GA
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/01 22:07:30 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MilwFoodlovers

quote:
Originally posted by porkbeaks

quote:
Originally posted by MilwFoodlovers



........ topped with home canned dill pickle, dilly bean, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, onion and green cherry tomato. I leave the celery, olives, shrimp and Slim Jim out for when we go to Sobelman's.


I'd love to see the look on Mr. Hoffman's face if a bartender served a bloody Mary that looked like that. b
Oh, I'm sure he'd approve. After all, nothing is boiled or sullied with ketchup/catsup!


Yeah, but all those veggies? He don't like salad, remember? pb
#45
wmceaton
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 315
  • Joined: 2005/01/15 13:41:00
  • Location: Boston, MA
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/01 22:11:30 (permalink)
Bloody Mary Mix...the king of all sleepers when it comes to steak marinade. Try it some time...just add horseraddish & lemon or lime juice.
#46
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3154
  • Joined: 2001/03/31 23:43:00
  • Location: Milwaukee, WI
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/01 22:15:07 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by porkbeaks
...He don't like salad, remember? pb
I guess he'd never put mint and sugar with bourbon then.
#47
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15286
  • Joined: 2002/08/20 22:32:00
  • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/01 22:26:26 (permalink)

Beaks,
I like the recipe for the Bloody Mary and the photo thereof. I am afraid I would ask for it in a Sonic Hiway 44 cup or maybe one of the Dad's Root Beer Half-Gallon Mugs...with all the fixin's in there I don't think that little Mason Jat Pint would hold more than 4 oz of the drink !!
#48
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3154
  • Joined: 2001/03/31 23:43:00
  • Location: Milwaukee, WI
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/01 22:39:02 (permalink)
You have say grace instead of prosit!
#49
desertdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1946
  • Joined: 2006/05/24 19:03:00
  • Location: Scottsdale, AZ
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/04 11:29:13 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MilwFoodlovers

The recent Harley 105th Anniversary in Milwaukee found quite a few bikers finding their way to the relatively hidden Sobelman's for their locally famous Bloody Mary.



At home I either use either Snappy Tom or Sacramento and add ice, vodka or sometimes tequila, Lea and Perrins, Spice House Old English Prime Rib Rub, a sort of kicked up celery salt, home made horseradish, key lime juice and my home made jalapeño hot sauce (It's a dead ringer for Tabasco Jalapeño) and topped with home canned dill pickle, dilly bean, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, onion and green cherry tomato. I leave the celery, olives, shrimp and Slim Jim out for when we go to Sobelman's.


I think my Mom used to wear a hat very similar to that drink....



#50
porkbeaks
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2216
  • Joined: 2005/05/06 09:05:00
  • Location: Hoschton/Braselton, GA
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2008/09/04 12:08:40 (permalink)
For those that like to get their daily vegetable dose while drinking a Bloody Mary, maybe thinning out some Gazpacho with your favorite vodka will do the trick. pb

#51
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
  • Joined: 2007/11/22 17:02:00
  • Location: Emmitsburg, Md.
  • Status: offline
Re:Bloody Mary Mix 2009/06/29 17:59:48 (permalink)
Thought I'd bring this back as a great BM, is my favorite Sunday morning drink, I want to see if any new recipes are out there!
#52
marky90
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 44
  • Joined: 2007/01/24 12:35:00
  • Location: Dearborn, MI
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2009/06/29 19:16:07 (permalink)
 I agree with porkbeaks abot Major Peters.  I also add a dill pickle, some pickle juice, and ground horseradish!  Yum.
#53
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
  • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
  • Location: columbus, oh
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2009/07/04 21:41:51 (permalink)
PapaJoe Mentioned beef buillon, but if you can find it, there used to be Beefamato.. similar to Clamato, but using buillion..
Oh GAWD.. it was excellent.......personally, I dont like horseradish in mine, makes it taste like watered down cocktail sauce, but do like a dab or 5 of hot sauce....

I use Lemon Vodka, half V-8, and half tomato juice, dash of lemon pepper and tiny dash of garlic pepper, hot sauce, celery salt, (since I cant find the Beefamato anymore.....)....I also use a lemon instead of a lime for garnish, along with traditional celery, and queen stuffed olive.....(blue cheese stuff makes for a nice taste with the tomato juice) You can also skip the hot sauce and use Abolute Peppar Vodka, if you like them real hot.......
Tobasco makes a nice BM mix, but its EXTREMELY salty.. almost too salty.......
post edited by roossy90 - 2009/07/04 21:44:45
#54
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
  • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
  • Location: columbus, oh
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2009/07/04 21:46:23 (permalink)
MilwFoodlovers

T



 
That one looks like a BM that I had at Trumps in Atlantic City back in 94.... It was a friggin salad bar in a glass.. I loved it....


#55
improviser
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 865
  • Joined: 2003/07/03 17:48:00
  • Location: Clemson, SC
  • Status: offline
RE: Bloody Mary Mix 2009/07/04 22:24:31 (permalink)
Did anyone else find they had Willie Nelson's "Bloody Mary Morning" stuck in their head after reading this thread?
#56
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1