Blue Bell Ice Cream

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
nennikers
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/10/25 18:03:29 (permalink)

Blue Bell Ice Cream

I am desperately seeking the nearest outlet from West Des Moines, Iowa selling Blue Bell ice cream! We just moved here from Texas, and I miss Blue Bell terribly. Nothing compares here! I've gone on runs to Kansas City, but anything closer would be much appreciated. Thanks for feeding my addiction!

111 Replies Related Threads

cyrano
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 120
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2005/12/08 01:35:45 (permalink)
    Mr. Supervisor, it looks like the coverage map reaches up as far as lake of the Ozarks in Missouri-- come on, it's only 80 more miles to Columbia, and then on to StL! Time to give Blue Bunny, Ted Drewes, et al, a run for their money!
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2005/12/08 01:58:35 (permalink)
    If "bluebell supervisor" really is one, I have to say that you should be arrested for putting out that Chocolate Decadence stuff because it's worse than heroin. And like most heroin dealers, you got me hooked by providing me with my first fix at a bargain price (on sale at Basha's here in Green Valley, AZ) but now you've jacked the price up and I can't help myself. You people are heartless.
    mediamover
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/01/23 16:22:33 (permalink)
    At the risk of being booed off the board, I tried Bluebell ice cream when I was in TX last fall. I had several varieties in the weeks I was there.

It's good ice cream, granted, but I was expecting something earthshaking and I honestly find Dreamery to be much, much better.

I certainly wouldn't drive out of my way for it.
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/01/26 04:52:50 (permalink)
    Had Blue Bell ice cream in Phoenix at the Texaz Grill. Okay but Oregon's Umpqua and Tillamook ice creams are just as good.
    b_b
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/01/31 22:47:09 (permalink)
    New flavor to hit the shelfs(if it hasnt already) within the next few days: Chocolate Brownie Overload. http://www.bluebell.com/about_press.htm
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/01/31 23:20:50 (permalink)
    BRING BACK CHOCOLATE DECADENCE!!!!
    crazywmn
    Junior Burger
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/02/15 00:50:12 (permalink)
    hey bluebell supervisor please have a little talk to the ones who are mixing up the icecream, and tell them to stop whipping up so much air into my dutchchocolate and homemade vanilla icecream. I realize ya'll are trying to expand yall's territory, but please dont do it at my expense
    Farfromhome
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 108
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/02/15 01:08:49 (permalink)
    If you have a Outback Steakhouse in your area you may be in luck at least to get Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream. They feature Blue Bell on their menu, and you can get extra scoops for a dollar a scoop and at least at the one we go to they give really big scoops for a buck! I wish they would bring it to California, since ordering it online is really expensive, and our family members are getting tired of the wierd questions they get from airport security anytime they come to visit as to why they have 4 half gallons of ice cream on dry ice in their luggage :P
    b_b
    Junior Burger
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/02/15 06:07:51 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Farfromhome

If you have a Outback Steakhouse in your area you may be in luck at least to get Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream. They feature Blue Bell on their menu, and you can get extra scoops for a dollar a scoop and at least at the one we go to they give really big scoops for a buck! I wish they would bring it to California, since ordering it online is really expensive, and our family members are getting tired of the wierd questions they get from airport security anytime they come to visit as to why they have 4 half gallons of ice cream on dry ice in their luggage :P

that's great
    i remember going to eat at Outback a couple years back and seeing they had it. they get it via warehouse though, instead of everyone else..from the local drivers.
    Niagara
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 984
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/01 12:51:53 (permalink)
    We used to eat Bluebell all the time when we lived in Houston, and now we can get Bluebell here in Kansas.

One problem, though, Mr. Bluebell Supervisor - I'm diabetic now, and would like ot just once find a sugar free flavor besides GOD-DAMNED VANILLA at the store!

Do you people think that diabetics lose all sense of taste, and only eat vanilla ice cream?
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3759
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/01 13:46:39 (permalink)
    bluebell_supervisor, I just wanted to thank you for your participation in this forum. I know I have read some of your comments for a few months now, and it seems as though no one has welcomed you to our group. I participate in some other message boards and one thing that I have seen is that when there is active participation from a good company representative, the comments are always welcomed generously.

It seems to me from reading some of your posts that while you have your company's best interests in mind, you are also helping out the public -- even the anonymous message board public.

So, thanks for helping out.
    b_b
    Junior Burger
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/01 15:41:17 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by stevekoe

bluebell_supervisor, I just wanted to thank you for your participation in this forum. I know I have read some of your comments for a few months now, and it seems as though no one has welcomed you to our group. I participate in some other message boards and one thing that I have seen is that when there is active participation from a good company representative, the comments are always welcomed generously.

It seems to me from reading some of your posts that while you have your company's best interests in mind, you are also helping out the public -- even the anonymous message board public.

So, thanks for helping out.

Hey, thanks for the welcome and the kind words!:-)
    I love this forum, and hope to help out both current and future customers and keep at least in the southeast, if not the country with the possibility of expansion in location, up to date and all with what i can do. So, thanks again.
    Niagara
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 984
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/01 16:00:40 (permalink)
    Thanks, BBS - I'll try that. I had assumed that the driver decided that to stock.
    Sheryarm
    Junior Burger
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/25 21:58:32 (permalink)
    I am very curious to know when Blue Bell will make it into the Raleigh/Durham NC area. I have a coffee shop in Durham and have been making treks to Greensborough to buy Blue Bell for my shop. There are quite a few of us Texans in the Triangle. It's quite incredible how excited people can get about having a bowl of Blue Bell.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/26 20:30:18 (permalink)
    Hello BBS..
    I am just passing along another question that was posted with a ambiguous subject.
    They want to know when BB will be available in Miami. I think they live in the Keys....
    I mentioned that they should post that ? in this thread, but apparently hasn't read it..
    Thanks
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/26 22:06:22 (permalink)
    I am sure where-ever you go, you will have a great reception for your ice cream!
    Thanks!
    Kayleigh
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 73
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/26 22:19:43 (permalink)
    Roussy90... I think you should get that civil rights/personal injury lawyer that was on Seinfeld to go after BlueBell. I see on the map the uppercrust in Hilton Head are served but not you regular folk in Myrtle Beach. That's Discrimination. Don't stand for it!
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/26 22:39:15 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kayleigh

Roussy90... I think you should get that civil rights/personal injury lawyer that was on Seinfeld to go after BlueBell. I see on the map the uppercrust in Hilton Head are served but not you regular folk in Myrtle Beach. That's Discrimination. Don't stand for it!

It is coming soon.....soon....soon.....
    No problem waiting here...
    ROFL.......
    Us "regular" folk will just enjoy it more due to the anticipation factor.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/27 19:04:20 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by bluebell_supervisor

That map needs updating..i personally delivered cream to the Charleston area, north to Georgetown and west to Kingstree and Andrews area. Also, the western tip of N.C SHOULD be solid red..i know Franklin to Murphy has gotten it in recently.

I shall check the store's tonight here.
    Bushie
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2902
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/03/27 22:14:09 (permalink)
    When I first moved to Austin in 1980, we had to drive to central Austin to get Blue Bell at Clarksville Creamery. (I'm not sure if that place is still in business.)

My favorite back then was Cookies & Cream. Over the years, I've settled on Natural Vanilla Bean. Although we buy other specialty ice creams, such as Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, and some Haagen-Dazs stuff, we ALWAYS have a half-gallon of Blue Bell Natural Vanilla Bean sitting in our freezer.

It's the perfect base for any topping we buy or make.
    CREAMSLINGER
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/04/10 19:45:01 (permalink)
    quote:

http://www.bluebell.com/about_country.htm
    we are getting closer to your area. only way to feed your addiction in the meantime is the internet ordering of the 'cream. http://www.bluebell.com/icecream_order.htm
    to do that. i imagine within a few months, our branches will be spreading into Iowa/Illinois/Indiana, and we will have a few trucks servicing your area.

Hey BB Super. I do not believe Blue Bell is in Iowa or Illinois or Indiana as of April 2006. What is up??
    austin724
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/04/10 20:29:26 (permalink)
    BBS--

When are you predicting Blue Bell will come to the Burlington NC Walmart? I can get it at the Super Walmart in Greensboro, but it's been over a year since Blue Bell appeared there, and it has yet to spread the 25 miles to Burlington!

I grew up on the stuff in Texas and would love to be able to get some at the local Walmart.

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13523
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/04/10 20:36:20 (permalink)
    Blue Bell has a pretty front page on their website. Pretty blue bells as you would expect. They have a map on the third page of their questions answered page.

I have never had Blue Bell ice cream as it is not available in Knoxville, TN but what is? Poor old Knoxville is the last to get everything and anything.

http://www.bluebell.com/

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN
    Lady Jayhawk
    Junior Burger
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/04/10 20:54:23 (permalink)
    This is my first post on the message board(s) (a long-time reader/fan of the site) so it would only take something as important as Blue Bell ice cream to get me to post.

I lived in the DFW area for many years, and that's where I had my first taste of Blue Bell. If I remember correctly, there was what looked like a creamery in Lewisville, TX back in the early 80's. Their Vanilla Bean ice cream is unlike any other vanilla brand I've tasted before. I was hooked at 18! Who need drugs or alcohol when there's Blue Bell!

After moving here to the Topeka, KS area a few years back, it was like a little slice of Heaven fell back to Earth when I first spotted Blue Bell in one of the grocery stores in-town. Thank you, Blue Bell, for branching out and might I add, when I die, just bury me in a big ol' tub of Blue Bell's Banana Pudding ice cream!

Lady J
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/04/10 21:17:41 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

Blue Bell has a pretty front page on their website. Pretty blue bells as you would expect. They have a map on the third page of their questions answered page.

I have never had Blue Bell ice cream as it is not available in Knoxville, TN but what is? Poor old Knoxville is the last to get everything and anything.

http://www.bluebell.com/

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN

Oh, I just went to their web site.
    WOW>. did you see the April flavor of the month?
    Lemon Ice Box pie... oh yum...
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13523
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/04/11 08:00:06 (permalink)
    Bluebellsuper: When you mentioned Scotty and his run, I assume you are talking about Scotty Mayfield?

I do not know him but his brother lives two doors from me. Nice fellow and enjoys life living off the Mayfield money.

I have always enjoyed Mayfield's ice cream but that is about all we had locally. Their museum is super in Athens, TN and you can get a huge cone for $1.00. The Blue Bell I have had is better in my personal opinion.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    CREAMSLINGER
    Junior Burger
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/04/11 19:38:46 (permalink)
    quote:

Soon hopefully C.S. The company does the branching out slowly..and usually waits until the territories are stable and can cover/handle the growth. Charleston is a great example..just over a month ago, 2 routes were put in to cover 80 grocery stores or so. Now, with the demand, another route really is needed. As branches are built, routes are expanded upon and move out in the mile radius. I can see the southern tips of Indiana, Illinois and Iowa soon...since K.C and Memphis/Nashville is spreading out, and I think almost half of KY. is now in business.

I know that Blue Bell is not in those states and do not believe it will be in them in the months you are saying. KC went west into Wichita & of course the Carolinas, but any further north hasn't happened since KC. Memphis hasn't expanded in a few years. Charlotte seems to be doing well.
    VanillaRocket
    Junior Burger
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/04/12 06:40:22 (permalink)
    Hey BBDude! When do you think you make it up to Scranton, PA? My father-in-law owns a 12-store chain. I can get you into those accounts. Long time ago, I lived in Texas (back in DALLAS...) so I am familiar with your product.

VanillaRocket--I make home deliveries!
    CJ17
    Junior Burger
    RE: Blue Bell Ice Cream 2006/04/14 15:48:36 (permalink)
    My brother recently moved to Georgia from California. Although not an ice cream eater, he has raved about Blue Bell. I was tempted to order some at 80 bucks for 4 half gallons, but other people I've spoken with say it's similar to Dreyer's (Edy's) or Tillamook (West Coast). Any objective comments? Just as long as it isn't like what my Dad used to call "hot" ice cream (too much air, like Breyers).
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1