Blue Moon Ice Cream

Author
Greyghost
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1336
2005/08/15 20:05:51 (permalink)

Blue Moon Ice Cream

Blue Moon Ice Cream

I have only had this ice cream a few times in the distant past, 40+ years ago. It was in a Caledonia, NY restaurant called "The Moon Winks" I do not know if "The Moon Winks" is still in existence but I hope it is, it was a great little place.

The Blue Moon ice cream was an iridescent blue and had a distinct taste of blended fruits.
I thought it rather wonderful, but then again I was a child and did not have a developed palate then. I would be highly surprised if anyone remembers this particular ice cream or the Moon Winks restaurant.

I do think everyone has their own Blue Moon ice cream, that one unforgettable ice cream from youth that has never been found again, but is fondly remembered. What is your "Blue Moon" ice cream? I would like to hear about elusive flavors you have had in the past but have never been able to find again.

3 Replies Related Threads

bubbalou
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Blue Moon Ice Cream 2005/09/23 08:44:38 (permalink)
    Blue Moon ice cream is a flavor popular in the midwest. I make it in my parlor, and have been told that it tastes just like a creamsicle. The blue color is what can throw someone off
    vinegarpie
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 20
    RE: Blue Moon Ice Cream 2005/09/23 09:55:05 (permalink)
    We have three producers of "blue moon" in Madison, WI. Chocolate Shoppe makes the best, followed by UW's Babcock Hall, and Schoeps IC (rank according to my 14yo moon expert).

I always described it as tasting like ice cream made from the leftover milk from several successive servings of Fruit Loops.
    garryd451
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 705
    RE: Blue Moon Ice Cream 2005/09/28 21:23:46 (permalink)
    Sherman's Ice Cream of South Haven Michigan, makes great Blue Moon!

http://www.shermanicecream.com/dairydirectory.html
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1