Blue Ribbon BBQ, West Newton, MA

Author
waltpiii
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 412
2008/08/28 14:00:05 (permalink)

Blue Ribbon BBQ, West Newton, MA

Boston or BBQ, I did not think that I could experience both at the same time. Last night, we went to the Blue Ribbon BBQ on Washington St. W.Newton,MA. The food was great! Between the 5 of us we had Brisket, pulled pork, BBQ Chicken, ribs and sausage. The sides were cole slaw, potatoes, baked beans. The food was very good. Alas, I did not have my camera on me. I will try for pictures next time.

This place is very small 2 tables seating 2per table outside and maybe 12 stools at the counter inside.

I felt that the prices were reasonable as 5 adults ate for $68.

Walt

4 Replies Related Threads

SRB
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 92
    RE: Blue Ribbon BBQ, West Newton, MA 2008/08/29 21:13:41 (permalink)
    Best BBQ in the Boston area, in my experience. Their yellow (mustard) sauce is just killer!
    wmceaton
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 313
    RE: Blue Ribbon BBQ, West Newton, MA 2008/08/31 10:17:02 (permalink)
    I used to think that Redbones had the best Q in Boston...but after trying Blue Ribbon a few years ago (Arlington location) I am a true fan.
    Slim Strummer
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 233
    RE: Blue Ribbon BBQ, West Newton, MA 2008/08/31 17:59:54 (permalink)
    This opens a can of worms. Not that Boston is a BBQ Mecca, but we do have Redbones and Blue Ribbon, which are certainly good. I eat at both, and I prefer...Redbones. They allow you to sauce your own meat. Blue Ribbon, for whatever reason, always slops on their sweet sauce on their meat (which is good, but the ribs at Redbones are moister).

I am sure it is nothing like BBQ in the South, but it suffices for a craving up here in New England. After all, once I wanted clam chowder, and I was in FLA. I ordered it and it was OK.

wmceaton
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 313
    RE: Blue Ribbon BBQ, West Newton, MA 2008/09/02 17:27:39 (permalink)
    Good point Slim. I ususally ask for sauce on the side as I hate the sticky mess that some places serve.
    I do agree that Boston, by no means could be considered Q country, but we at least have to determine what is worth ones time & money if it is Q that you desire. Trust me, I would never turn my nose up at anything that Redbones puts out.
    Uncle Billy's in Portland Maine used to have some great Q, but I havent been in Portland for a while & was wondering if anyone knows if they are still around.
    The last time I was at Muddy River in Portsmouth I was greatly dissapointed...more fruit flies than customers.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1