Bluephies

Author
patrick123
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Flagged as Spam (2)
2011/10/16 07:40:47 (permalink)

Bluephies

Bluephies  has a 21st century diner feel to it.  At times they do get a little busy and with no other options close it is kind of irritating if you go there and hear there is a 20 minute wait.  Fortunately for this meal that did not happen and we were seated immediately. 
Normally I get a salad at Bluephies which I have always been happy with.  This visit I tried something new and it didn't seem like a good choice.  Not only was the food mediocre but the wait was extraordinary which even the waiter mentioned but for those of you that have worked at a restaurant, it's usually a common thing to blame someone else for your mistakes.
So I ordered a flat bread because I wasn't that hungry, my wife ordered the Mediterranean pasta.  It took about 30-45 minutes before we got the food, I wasn't in a hurry so it didn't really bother me but still it took longer than it should.  I couldn't finish the chicken, pesto, carmelized onion flatbread, the bread wasn't that flat and the flavors weren't  bad but it just wasn't there for me.  My wifes was better but it was just pasta. 
I felt I could save this meal  because they have awesome chocolate chip cookie dough egg rolls, so we ordered on to split.  My saving the meal didn't work so well, it took a long time again for the dessert, 30 minutes or more.  Supposedly the kitchen was taking a long time again, per the waiter.  This time I think that was an unfair statement because the fried cookie dough egg rolls were cold which took away from the amount I like them.  When they are hot they mix better with the ice cream. 
The whole meal came in around $35 with a drink.  This is the first sub par performance I have had at Bluephies so hopefully it will be a rare occurrence. 

Visit www[dot]madisonrestaurantreviews[dot]com to see more reviews 
post edited by patrick123 - 2011/10/16 07:45:15

Attached Image(s)

3 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8297
    Re:Bluephies 2011/10/16 13:21:58 (permalink)
    Madison, California?

MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Bluephies 2011/10/16 13:47:08 (permalink)
    Yeah, Bluephie's is in Madison, Wisconsin.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8297
    Re:Bluephies 2011/10/16 13:58:55 (permalink)
    I think that spam post was more about the review site of Madison.

They seem to hire intelligent people in California to infiltrate food boards.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1