Bluffton BBQ, SC

Author
CETURTL
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 77
2010/08/17 11:24:34 (permalink)

Bluffton BBQ, SC

This is a small business in the new promenade area of Bluffton, SC.  The food was excellent, especially the sweet potato casserole!  You walk in and order off the blackboard and chalk menu.  They specialize in pulled pork.  unfortunately, they do not have beef brisket (my favorite).  They are friendly, helpful and very southern.  The place is as cute as can be and very clean, with country music in the back ground.  Be sure to check out their website @ BlufftonBBQ.com

Pulled Pork "Fork Plate" with Fries and Cole Slaw

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "]

Pulled Pork Sandwich Plate with Sweet Potato Casserole and Cole Slaw
post edited by CETURTL - 2010/08/30 16:56:55

2 Replies Related Threads

rumaki
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1020
    Re:Bluffton BBQ, SC 2010/08/27 14:19:46 (permalink)
    I was in Hilton Head last weekend, and my husband and I tried out this place.

We got the address from the Web site, but had a little trouble finding it.  However, once we were in the general vicinity, we were able to literally follow our noses -- the aroma from the smoker wafted in our direction and lured us to the right location.

We arrived around 2:45 p.m. on Saturday.  The lunch rush was over, but there was a steady stream of customers coming through, many getting big boxes full of carry-out food.

It's a no-frills kind of place, with, as the OP said, country/western music playing in the background ("The Battle of New Orleans" was on as we came in).

The staff couldn't have been friendlier, and walked us through the menu.  It includes pulled pork, ribs and chicken.

We both had pulled-pork barbecue -- the "pork and a fork" (just barbecue, no bread or bun) plate, which comes with two sides.  The pulled pork was tasty, and the sauce on the table, though not really essential, was also good -- not too hot. (I don't know whether they have alternate versions -- we didn't ask.)

But the sides were what were really outstanding.  I had collard greens and sweet potato casserole.  The greens were delectable -- just enough astringency -- and the sweet potato casserole was dense and sweet (not too sweet).  My spouse had pinto beans, which he gobbled down so fast I didn't even have a chance to try them, and homemade french fries cut from raw potatoes and slightly spiced, which he enjoyed as well.   Beverage choices include canned soft drinks that you fish out of a big bucket of ice, lemonade, or sweet tea. 

For those who care, the owner apparently supports a local "Tea Party" candidate -- there were various posters and stickers around.  But it wasn't intrusive.

The place is open roughly 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, but they'll close earlier if they run out of food, or open later if it takes them a while to get the smoker up and running.

I'd go back.

pwdff142
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re:Bluffton BBQ, SC 2010/08/28 22:59:05 (permalink)
    I know a couple of guys on the Bluffton Fire Department, and although I've never eaten their they gave it high marks. If I'm ever in Bluffton I'm sure goning to stop and try it out.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1